If you want to protect your eyes from the sun and glare, wearing sunglasses is a great option. Sunglasses are worn as accessories, but if you are very cautious about the health of your eyes, then you can wear prescription sunglasses. These are sunglasses that have personalized corrective prescriptions built into the lenses.
Regardless of your corrective prescription, you can get prescription sunglasses to suit your aesthetic needs. Enjoying the luxury of shade from the bright sun does not mean that you should compromise on the convenience of clear vision. You can wear stylish designer prescription sunglasses and still enjoy the convenience of clear vision at all times.
Benefits of prescription sunglasses
When you think of sunglasses, the first thing that comes to mind may be fashion, but a great pair of prescription sunglasses has numerous benefits.
1.Blue-light, also known as high-energy visible (HEV) light i.e. the light that we see when we view our devices, negatively impacts the health of our eyes and contributes to macular degeneration and other eye health issues. Wearing prescription sunglasses adds a protective barrier and blocks HEV light, therefore reducing the risk of developing eye health problems caused by blue light.
2. Spending time outdoors is great, but it also heightens your risk of developing cataracts. On average, 20% of cataracts can be prevented by reducing prolonged exposure to the sun. Wearing prescription sunglasses protects your eyes from Ultraviolet A (UVA) and Ultraviolet B (UVB) rays, which have been known to cause cataracts.
3. The delicate skin around our eyes is also negatively impacted by prolonged exposure to the sun’s harmful rays. Wearing prescription sunglasses reduces the signs of aging and helps maintain a more youthful appearance.
4. Most fast-moving power machines such as lawnmowers, cars, and power tools tend to throw small objects around. Although these projectiles do not necessarily aim for your eyes, they can accidentally cause damage to your eyes. While serious damage from projectiles is less common, wearing high-quality prescription sunglasses while operating fast-moving power machines can prevent these very instant consequences of not protecting your eyes from potential damage.
5.All sunglasses are required to have UV protection. Some have more than others, but if you want guaranteed protection, you need to invest in your eyesight by purchasing high-quality prescription sunglasses. In order to keep your eyes healthy and your eyesight strong, visit your eye doctor to find out the most suitable prescription sunglasses for you.
How to get a pair of prescription sunglasses
Everyone needs a great pair of prescription sunglasses. Even if you think that your eyesight is great, it is advisable to visit your optometrist or optician just to guarantee that your eyesight is strong and your eyes are healthy. If you require corrective lenses, as most people eventually do, your sunglasses can be fitted with the corrective lens. This means that you will avoid wearing your contacts the next time you need sunglasses.
Most designer frames can accommodate prescription lenses, unlike cheaper sunglass frames which do not have the structure or the stability to accommodate prescription lenses. As more people discover the benefits of wearing prescription sunglasses, more designer sunglasses are gaining popularity because they can accommodate prescription lenses. Not only do the frames make a fashion statement, but they also protect your vision and help you see clearly even on the brightest days.
Tips to buy prescription sunglasses
Although they are not your main eyeglasses, buying prescription sunglasses requires a lot of care and attention. Here are a few tips that you can use to select the right prescription sunglasses.
An eye prescription is valid for a period of one year for young people and two years for adults. In order to get your prescription sunglasses, you need to visit your eye doctor and get an updated eye examination. Once you get your eyesight examined, get a copy of the prescription and provide the details of this prescription when you are ordering your prescription sunglasses.
Select the right frames using these three factors:
A frame that complements your facial features. Choosing a frame shape that contrasts your face shape in order to create the perfect balance on your appearance
Always pick a frame that matches your own style. Factor in the material, color, and details that you love and easily incorporate into your signature style.
Glasses that do not perfectly fit you can look awkward. Pick the right frame size to ensure that you feel good and look even better.
3. There are three materials that are used for prescription sunglasses and they have different recommended uses and different price points. Using your prescription, you can choose a lens material that fits your prescription sunglasses.
High index material is the lightest of all materials and it is recommended for people with higher prescriptions and people who are connected with fashion and comfort for casual use.
Polycarbonate material is used for impact resistant lenses. This material is recommended for people with active lifestyles such as athletes and children.
Plastic is the material used for standard optical lenses and it is recommended for individuals with light prescription. Plastic is mainly used for casual use or wear.
4. Different retailers allow you to price your sunglasses based on what you require instead of the one-price-fits-all policy. Pay only for what you require whenever possible in order to avoid paying for options that you do not need.
Wearing prescription glasses is beneficial for your eyesight. Once you have found the right frame, you can order your prescription sunglasses using your updated prescription. There are numerous designer frames to choose from, regardless of trends, color, materials, details, and other aesthetic preferences.
This article Wear prescription sunglasses if you are very cautious about the health of your eyes appeared first on BreezyScroll.
Read more on BreezyScroll.