Disclaimer: Our editorial team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission.
One of the best things about travelling has got to be the new food we get to try. Even though it’s not exactly possible or easy to travel right now, there are plenty of recipes out there that we can replicate in the comfort of our own home to get a taste of other culture.
To help you get the most authentic and incredible recipes to try at home, we’ve teamed up with celebrity personality Chef Bob, who will share more about his favourite dishes from around the region. Join us as we bring the food to your screen.
Check out the video to learn how to make the Thai Fish Maw Salad, and scroll on for a list of ingredients and the full instructions!
To Make The Sauce
2 tbsp water
1) Start with the sauce. Stir in and gently heat gula melaka and water in a pot till they are completely dissolved. Turn off the heat, add the rest of the ingredient under the “sauce” list, and mix well. Set aside.
2) In a mixing bowl, toss all of the dry ingredients with the exception of the fish maw and cashew. Dish the mixture onto a plate.
3) Deep-fry fish maw to a golden crisp. Remove and place on the mixed salad. Grab a handful of cashew and sprinkle it over the salad. You may also garnish with blue pea flowers, pomelo fruit or coriander.
4) Pour the sauce you’ve set aside over the fish maw and salad bed. Enjoy the crackling sound and aromatic fragrance.
5) Mix it all up, toss, and serve.
Did you try the recipe? Tag your post with #yahoosgfoodie to show us your creation!
Stay tuned for our next video, where we will be “bringing” you to the Philippines.