Pre-orders for the new Counter Strike keep it top of the Steam chart on the verge of its August 21 release, while Hong Kong-based Sleeping Dogs makes a decent dent and anticipation builds for Guild Wars 2.
New release Sleeping Dogs, a tale of undercover police action among brutal triad gangs, reaches third on the Steam chart, second on Green Man Gaming, and GamersGate's European storefront has the Sleeping Dogs limited edition in second.
Guild Wars 2, the massively multiplayer adventure game, launches August 28, and clambers back up the Impulse and Green Man Gaming charts as players prepare themselves for launch night.
GamersGate, meanwhile, is still in the throes of a summer sale, as evidenced by the proliferation of re-entries.
1. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (0)
2. Arma II: Combined Operations (+1)
3. Sleeping Dogs (+5)
4. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dawnguard (-2)
5. Borderlands 2 (-1)
*Steam chart based on revenue, not units
GameStop Impulse (impulsedriven.com)
1. Guild Wars 2 (re-entry)
2. Guild Wars 2 Digital Deluxe (re-entry)
3. Dishonored (new)
4. Blood Bowl Legendary Edition (re-entry)
5. Civilization V (re-entry)
1. Supreme Commander 2 (re-entry)
2. Civilization V Game of the Year Edition (re-entry)
3. Settlers 7 Gold Edition (re-entry)
4. Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai (re-entry)
5. R.U.S.E. (re-entry)
Green Man Gaming (greenmangaming.com)
1. Borderlands 2 (+7)
2. Sleeping Dogs (+3)
3. Guild Wars 2 (0)
4. Dark Souls (+3)
5. Guild Wars 2: Digital Deluxe (re-entry)
1. XIII (re-entry)
2. Duke Nukem 3D (re-entry)
3. The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time (+1)
4. Cossacks Anthology (+5)
5. One Unit Whole Blood (re-entry)