If it indeed turns out that iPhones in Apple’s next-generation lineup will include support for Apple Pencil, there will almost certainly be tons of replaying of Steve Jobs’ introduction of the iPhone back in 2007 — and rehashes, specifically, of his comments at a particular moment during the introduction.
You can probably imagine where this is going. “Who wants a stylus?” Steve asked rhetorically to the audience, feigning disgust. “You have to get ’em, put ’em away, you lose ’em. Yuck! Nobody wants a stylus.” 12 years later, some insiders believe that’s exactly what we’re about to get from Apple.
More from BGR
- The chip that will power Huawei's Mate X will be unveiled before the iPhone 11 launches
- Leak reveals new details about the best camera phone of 2019 (and it's not an iPhone or Pixel)
- Hands-on video shows Apple's leaked iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 designs in real life
Following the prediction from a few weeks ago from Citi Research market analysts that the iPhone 11 would include support for a stylus, it seems that a third-party accessory maker — with a good track record at this kind of prediction — is already planning iPhone 11 Pro cases that include a space where the Apple Pencil can be stored.
That case is currently listed for sale on the website of UK retailer MobileFun and includes this description: “Crafted from premium genuine leather, this exquisite black case from Olixar for the iPhone 11 Pro provides stunning style and prestigious protection for your phone in a slim and sleek package, with the added convenience of an Apple Pencil sleeve.”
This still isn’t a lot to go on, with one analyst prediction we’ve seen and apparently only one accessory-maker stepping up so far to include Apple Pencil support. In addition to a slot for the pencil, you can also see the case planning for an iPhone 11 three-lens camera module.
Olixar has been a reliable indicator of these kinds of things before, but nevertheless, it’s probably still best to take the above as something less than a rock-solid predictor. For now, at least, ahead of the new iPhone lineup unveiling that will happen next month.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon sale gets you a Roku with 4K and HDR for just $34
- This extra large air fryer is way too good to be on sale for $170 off
Trending Right Now:
- This leak might be our first look at the PlayStation 5’s crazy new design
- See Google’s leaked Pixel 4 design from every angle in this new video
- Apple’s iPhone 12 could be a major problem for Samsung in more ways than one