This Christmas, instead of waiting for gifts to sit under your perfectly lit tree, get creative with your own festive setup! All you need are a few boxes (which repurposes the gifts you rushed to your house) and paint. Decorating stackable gift boxes is a fun craft that your whole family will enjoy, especially if you're huge fans of handmade gifts. Stephanie Merriman takes us through how to design the best stackable gift box with everything that reminds you of Christmas: trees, snowmen, angels, and reindeer! Celebrating another holiday? Swap in different motifs—these boxes are infinitely customizable! When you're done, you can set your masterpiece anywhere in your home to bring in the holiday cheer.
Three square stackable boxes (large, medium, and small)
Piece of paper
How to make custom gift boxes:
On a piece of paper, draw an outline of 4 snowmen: large, medium, and small circles stacked.
2. Inside the snowmen frames, create slightly different bottoms, middle, and tops (for example, different shaped buttons, a pipe for the mouth, or different facial expressions).
3. Place your square paper boxes on their sides, largest to smallest.
4. Using your pencil, draw your first snowman’s designs from your rough draft onto the square boxes.
5. Repeat the process for all four sides.
6. Paint inside the lines of your pencil drawings to give the snowman color.
7. Let dry completely.
8. Add chocolates, treats, or other presents to make it a gift!
Searching for fun ways to spruce up the holidays? We're here to help.
Follow House Beautiful on Instagram.
You Might Also Like