Incredibly satisfying and flavourful! These delicious and nutritious rice balls soaked in a bowl of osmanthus syrup a great way to celebrate the Winter Solstice Festival. This Blueberry Multi-grain glutinous rice ball recipe is shared by passionate home cook Cheng Geck Chau who loves cooking heartwarming traditional recipes.
Deliciously satisfying blueberry multi-grain rice ball with blueberry filling!
The Dongzhi Festival also referred to as the Winter Solstice Festival (Dongzhi冬至), celebrates the end of winter and welcoming the warmer days of spring. The rice dumplings are a quintessential dish to be served on this day. Here's a creative and nutritious recipe to help warm the hearts and belly of your loved ones!
A surprisingly easy treat and dessert that can be enjoyed on its own or with soup. Here's how you can make yours. First, prepare the blueberry filling. Mix in 22 Complete Nutrimix Blueberry flavour, castor sugar and coconut oil. The 22 Complete Nutrimix is the special ingredient that brings this dish a notch up in terms of nutritious value. The blueberries are high in antioxidants which help protect cells from damage. It also contains dietary fibre to promote a healthy digestive system. With 22 types of premium grains, beans, oats and seeds provide a healthy balance of nutrients. The 22 Complete Nutrimix also contains whole grains to improve cardiovascular health. Portion the filling to 6g each and place in the freezer to chill.
The 22 Complete Nutrimix is the special ingredient that brings this dish a notch up in terms of nutritious value.
Next, prepare the dough. Blend the blueberries and water till fine. Sift to remove skin and seeds. In a large bowl, mix glutinous rice flour and half portion of the sifted blueberry mixture. Mix dough thoroughly with hand and add in the remaining. Add in 200ml water and divide the rice ball into 18g portion each.
Wrap the rice ball with filling. Flatten the dough and add in the filling. Knead to close the gap and roll into a ball. Place it on a plate with some flour to prevent sticking.
Lastly, boil the soup and cook the rice ball. In the saucepan, add in water and ginger. Boil for 5 minutes and add in rock sugar and sweet Osmanthus. In a sperate pot of boiling water, cook the rice ball till it floats. Transfer to room temperature water to cool. Place rice balls in a bowl and pour the sweet Osmanthus syrup, then serve!
Make these to enjoy with the family, as they would be pleasantly surprised by this new flavour!
With this, it's going to be hard to go back to normal glutinous rice balls again! Make some for you and your family to enjoy this Winter Solstice Festival!
Have a recipe that you would love to share with us? Send it to us at http://www.sharefood.sg/submit-recipe/!
Grab the full recipe below now!
Blueberry Multi-grain glutinous rice ball
Incredibly satisfying and flavourful! These delicious and nutritious rice balls soaked in a bowl of osmanthus syrup a great way to celebrate the Winter Solstice Festival (Dongzhi冬至). This Blueberry Multi-grain glutinous rice ball recipe is shared by passionate home cook Cheng Geck Chau.
- 125g frozen blueberries
- 150ml water
Glutinous rice ball dough
- 250g glutinous rice flour
- 8scoops 22 Complete Nutrimix Blueberry flavour
- 40g castor sugar
- 1/3cup coconut oil
- 3slices thumb size ginger
- 80g rock sugar
- 1tbsp sweet osmanthus
- 1250ml water
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Portion each of them into a 6g ball. Cling wrap and place to the freezer.
- Blend blueberries and water till fine. Sift to remove skin and seeds.
- In a bowl, add in glutinous rice flour and ½ portion of the sifted blueberry puree. Knead the dough thoroughly with hand.
- Add in more blueberry puree gradually. Mix till the dough does not stick to the bowl and hand. Add in more water as required. However, it should be moist enough to mould and not crack when you wrap the filling.
- Divide the dough into 18g portion each.
- Flatten of the dough, add the blueberry filling. Knead to close the gap and roll it into a ball.
- Place it on a plate with some flour. Clingwrap and transfer it into the chiller till it’s ready to be cooked.
- In a saucepan, add in water and ginger. Boil for 5 mins. Add in rock sugar and sweet Osmanthus. Adjust the sweetness with rock sugar.
- In a pot of boiling water, add in rice ball. Cook till it floats. Transfer the rice ball into a room temperature water and transfer it into the serving bowl. Pour Osmanthus syrup over it and serve immediately!
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to Share Food Singapore!