You finally mastered pressing the power and home buttons at once without turning your phone off. Now it's an instinct triggered by all jaw-dropping content, which explains that growing album of screenshots you never created and somehow can't delete (great for pulling LOLs in your group chat, not so great for your dwindling phone storage).
If you've mastered navigating around all the wildly inappropriate screengrabs in your photo stream, good for you. If not, you might want to delete those pics (or at lease put them on lock) before whipping out your phone to show your coworkers those Boomerangs from your latest beach vacay. Here are the seven pics that are definitely in your camera roll right now.
1. Photoshop fails. People's legs just don't bend certain ways, no matter how many hours they've spent limbering up in yoga class. That's why you started building up a database of morphed Instagrams posted by your friend who clearly went rogue with editing apps. Just make sure she doesn't come across the evidence before you've prepped yourself for the intervention.
2. Celebrity dick pics. You had to show everyone Bieber's peen before it got wiped from the Internet for good. But you probs don't need to share that moment with your boss.
3. Your BFF's ex-boyfriend's Tinder profile. Strange things happen when you interact with people you know on dating apps, and it's especially jolting to come across a bud's former flame on a swiping spree. You've probably paused on a page so you can send your friend his lame-ass bio, but then decided against reopening old wounds. If that's indeed the case, trash that shit ASAP before she sees it and assumes something shady is going on.
4. Blurry video stills of yourself. You know that time you replayed your friend's Snapchat story over and over again in an attempt to capture the exact moment you actually looked good caught off-guard and were left with nothing but a rapid-fire succession of unidentifiable images? Yeah.
5. NSFW dressing room selfies. Sometimes, the only way to ease the agony of a failed shopping excursion is sending photos of your underboob in a hilariously ill-fitting swimsuit to friends who will feel your pain. But letting someone else's eyes on their reverse cleavage could seriously eff with your friendship.
6. Awkward text message exchanges. Maybe it's a passive aggressive convo between roommates about who failed to replace the toilet paper or autocorrect gone oh-so-wrong. Either way, you're desperate for an uninvolved party to share in the cringe-worthiness of it all. These are easy to breeze past in a photo scroll without things getting weird, but exercise EVERY caution when sending them out to an uninvolved party. Accidentally sending a screenshot to the person you're about to put on blast will shake you to your core-and require a whole lot of bullshitting.
7. Engagement announcements. Being the first of your friends to stumble across fresh bling on social media is a true blessing in that you can break the news in your group chat. Whether it's met with collective swoons or (more likely) scowls, a proposal is consistently great fodder for a text thread. If you're single, shield that shot from any relative or risk an onslaught of questions about your love life.
Follow Helen on Twitter.
You Might Also Like