If you've got a big event ahead and want to look red-carpet worthy, luckily there are many ways to help you achieve a beautiful bod. From bloat-inducing foods to avoid, to fast and cheap beauty routines you can do at home, check out these simple ways to look perfectly polished and camera-ready from head to toe.
1. Have a last-minute workoutWhile regular exercise is the best route to a great body, some last-minute toning before a big event can help your body look better. To emphasize any muscles, give them a workout with some last-minute targeted exercises, such as sit-ups, lunges and bicep curls. The rush of blood to your muscles will temporarily tighten them up to leave them looking more defined. Not only that, the endorphins released by exercise will help you feel more self-confident.
2. Avoid gas and bloat-inducing foodsAlthough the best route to a flat stomach is an ongoing regimen of healthy eating and exercise, you can cheat your way to a svelter frame prior to a special event with some careful eating. To prevent bloating, on the day of your big event limit your intake of high-fiber foods, such as certain fruit and vegetables, beans and grains, which are renowned for causing intestinal gas. Also avoid salt, carbonated drinks and chewing gum, all of which can cause bloating.
3. Stock up on tummy-flattening foodsAs well as avoiding certain foods, there are several foods you can add into your diet to keep your tummy looking flat. To counteract bloating caused by salt overload in your diet, up your intake of potassium-rich foods such as bananas and dried fruit. Alternatively, get rid of excess gas by supplementing your meals with digestive enzymes (such as papain and bromelain) and taking charcoal capsules, which can help to soak up the gas and toxins that lead to bloating.
4. Don some strategic underwearWhile it may be "cheating", we're betting there isn't a celeb out there who hasn't employed a bit of help in the underwear department to create the perfect silhouette. If you're looking to smooth out lumps or bumps, treat yourself to some slimming underwear to pull in any wobbly bits. Alternately, try a push up bra to help create a great cleavage or some padded knickers for a more voluptuous derriere. To further flatter your figure, try dressing in black or, at the least, solid block colors.
5. Create a flawless complexionSpots have an annoying habit of popping up when they are least wanted, but the good news is there are many things you can do to create the illusion of perfect skin. If you have an inflamed, hard-to -cover spot, try applying an ice cube to the area for a couple of minutes before applying makeup, which will reduce the inflammation. To conceal and counteract redness, apply some green concealer or a bit of white eyeliner to the spot, under your usual makeup. And before all that, don't forget to use a deep cleanser to remove all the dirt and grime and a lightening moisturizer for a radiant glow.