Celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay, in Singapore for a hawker cook-off with the country's most popular hawkers, says he has loved Singapore food since 12 years ago.
Celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay, in Singapore for a hawker cook-off with the country's most popular hawkers, says he has loved Singapore food since 12 years ago.
On Tuesday, the family of Seth Rich reached a settlement in their years-long lawsuit against Fox News over the network’s repeated airing of baseless conspiracy theories about Rich’s 2016 murder.A Tuesday court filing reviewed by TheWrap said the suit brought by Rich’s parents was dismissed without prejudice and “each party waives all right to appeal and to seek attorneys’ fees and costs.” The suit named Fox News as well as guest Ed Butowsky and reporter Malia Zimmerman.“We are pleased with the resolution of the claims and hope this enables Mr. and Mrs. Rich to find a small degree of peace and solace moving forward,” said a statement from the network. Terms of the settlement were not disclosed.Also Read: Seth Rich Family Finally Gets Apology, Retraction Over DNC-Wikileaks Conspiracy ColumnJoel and Mary Rich — who filed the suit in 2018 that accused the network of deliberately misrepresenting the facts of their son’s murder in its on-air coverage and in a since-retracted FoxNews.com story — said in a statement to Rolling Stone that they were “pleased” with the settlement and expressed hope that the media would “take genuine caution in the future.”Rich, a 27-year-old DNC employee, was murdered in Washington D.C in July 2016 in what authorities say was a botched robbery.Occurring during the the 2016 presidential campaign, Rich’s murder became the subject of numerous outlandish conspiracy theories, the most common being that Rich was the source of the DNC emails leaked by Wikileaks during the election, and that his murder was a retaliatory hit ordered by unnamed high ranking Democrats. The false claims have been repeatedly debunked, but were promoted and amplified by a who’s who of prominent movement conservatives who rejected the widely accepted conclusion that Russia-backed hackers were behind the hack.Among the biggest boosters of the falsehood was Fox News’ Sean Hannity, who during the first few months of 2017 routinely talked about Seth Rich on his prime time show even after the family pleaded with him to stop. But the network itself also amplified the lies in an article published on May 16, 2017 that contained numerous false claims. Fox retracted it a week later with a note admitting that “article was not initially subjected to the high degree of editorial scrutiny we require for all our reporting.”That same day, Hannity announced he would no longer talk about the story.Also Read: Fox News Defeats Lawsuit Filed by Seth Rich's FamilyIn their suit, Rich’s parents sought compensation for “mental anguish and emotional distress, emotional pain and suffering, and any other physical and mental injuries,” saying they sought to hold Fox News “accountable” for it’s reporting.“They seek to help prevent similar malicious and reckless conduct to protect future innocent victims from similarly becoming political fodder,” the suit read.The case was initially dismissed by a judge, but an appeals court overturned that decision last year.Read original story Seth Rich’s Family Settles Lawsuit Against Fox News At TheWrap
Macy’s and the city of New York are taking precautions to make sure the spread of the virus is kept to an absolute minimum at this year’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.Each of the participants in this year’s Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade will be tested for the coronavirus prior to the event’s start, and it’s possible some of the floats or balloons could be cut last minute if anyone tests positive.Also Read: 2020 Holiday Gift Guide: Blu-rays, DVDs and Books to Make the Season BrightThe 96th annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade will take place in New York City this year, but the festivities will look way different than past years and only viewable on television.“Some is going to be virtual, there might be some small in-person pieces, spread out pieces, it’s not going to look at all, of course, like how we are used to. But the important thing is, the traditions will be kept in some way,” New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said in a statement about the celebrations earlier this year.No in-person attendance is allowed this year because of the coronavirus pandemic, and all the parade participants will be masked and made to socially distance. The roughly 100 people that usually hold the balloons in place throughout the parade will be replaced by vehicles, since it’s difficult to socially distance near even the largest of flying creatures. Only 960 parade staff will help put on the event this year, compared to the typical 10,000 people that are usually employed.Also Read: HBO Max Wades Into the 'Is 'Die Hard' a Christmas Movie?' DebateMacy’s cut 75% of the usual participants as well as the parade route, which isn’t the typical 2.5-mile trek through downtown New York, and will instead be a one-block radius between W. 34th St., 6th and 7th Ave. In-person viewing this year is prohibited and the streets around the performance area will be shut off to keep people from gathering.Some of the performances this year will be pre-taped — including the Santa Claus and Rockettes Broadway appearances.Longtime parade commentator Al Roker will return to help fans follow the festivities this year after his recent surgery for prostate cancer, and he told “Today” show host Hoda Kotb last week he’s not “out of the woods” but looking forward to the parade.This year’s abridged Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade will start at 9 a.m. eastern time on NBC.Read original story Is the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Still Happening This Year? At TheWrap
One man’s trash is another man’s treasure. OK, no show wants to be called “trash,” but if it means you’re getting picked up by another network or platform after cancellation at your original home, you probably won’t mind it too much. And as “One Day at a Time” was picked up for a fourth season by Pop TV last week after being canceled by Netflix in March, TheWrap thought now was the perfect time to look back at all the shows that have made a comeback on a new platform. Click through our gallery to see some of the most famous cases.Read original story 21 TV Shows That Found New Homes After Cancellation, From ‘Gilmore Girls’ to ‘One Day at a Time’ (Photos) At TheWrap
A year after “Honeyland” became the first film ever nominated for Oscars in both the Best Documentary Feature and Best International Feature categories, Italy has become the seventh country to submit a nonfiction film to this year’s international race.The country’s submission committee chose Gianfranco Rosi’s “Notturno,” an acclaimed doc from the filmmaker whose “Fire at Sea” was Italy’s Oscar entry five years ago. That film ended up being nominated in the documentary category but did not even make the shortlist in the category that was then called Best Foreign Language Film.“Notturno” was chosen from 25 films under consideration by the Associazione Nazionale Industrie Cinematografiche Audiovisive e Multimediali (ANICA), which is authorized by the Academy to choose Italy’s entry each year. The highest-profile film on that list was “The Life Ahead,” directed by Edoardo Ponti and featuring the first screen performance in a decade from Ponti’s mother, legendary actress Sophia Loren.Also Read: 'Notturno' Film Review: Middle East Doc Finds Poetry in 'Rubble and Darkness'“Notturno” documents refugees from conflicts across the Middle East, with footage shot over the course of three years along the borders of Iraq, Kurdistan, Syria and Lebanon. In a review after its Venice Film Festival premiere, TheWrap called the film “simultaneously devastating and lyrical.”The other documentaries it now joins in the Oscar race are Brazil’s “Babenco: Tell Me When I Die,” Chile’s “The Mole Agent,” Kenya’s “The Letter,” Luxembourg’s “River Tales,” Romania’s “Collective” and Venezuela’s “Once Upon a Time in Venezuela.” Additional films have yet to be announced, with the Academy not expected to reveal the full list of qualifying entries until January.The seven announced docs are one more than last year’s total of six, which included the entries from Belarus, Iran, Ireland, Lithuania and Malaysia, as well as “Honeyland” from North Macedonia.In 2018, nine documentaries qualified in the category.Also Read: Oscars International Race Heats Up as Heavy Hitters Enter the RaceThe success of “Honeyland” notwithstanding, nonfiction nominees in the international category are extremely rare. Only three have ever been nominated, but all have been in the past 12 years: the animated doc “Waltz With Bashir” in 2008, the Cambodian film “The Missing Picture” (part clay figurines, part historical footage) in 2013 and “Honeyland” last year.TheWrap has compiled a full list of the films submitted by their countries to this year’s Oscar race for Best International Feature Film. The list is here and will be updated as additional countries announce their submissions.Read original story Italy’s Oscar Committee Snubs Sophia Loren, Submits Documentary ‘Notturno’ At TheWrap
“One Day at a Time” is one and done on Pop TV. The ViacomCBS cable network does plan on ordering any additional episodes of the comedy after just one season, an individual familiar with the network’s plans told TheWrap.Pop TV picked up the reboot of Normal Lear’s classic sitcom after it was initially canceled by Netflix after three seasons. Pop TV premiered its one and only season in March, which had to be cut short due to the pandemic shutting down production this spring (though they did scrape together a special animated episode). CBS aired the fourth season of the show this fall in primetime as a schedule filler while it waited for its normal primetime lineup to get the cameras rolling again.A separate individual familiar with the situation told TheWrap that the show’s producers Sony TV are trying to find another new home for “One Day at a Time.”Also Read: Latinx Showrunners, Writers Demand Better Representation Across Hollywood: 'Inclusivity Is Not Enough'Netflix axed “One Day at a Time” in 2019, citing low viewership numbers for the critically acclaimed sitcom. Fans soon rallied around the program on social media as producers at Sony Pictures Television said they were exploring other options for the show, using hashtags like SaveODAAT to call on a new network or streaming service to pick up the show. Pop TV would pick it up a few months later.The multi-camera comedy, a reboot of Norman Lear’s 1975 series of the same name, stars Justina Machado, Rita Moreno, Isabella Gomez and Marcel Ruiz as a Cuban-American family navigating the ups and downs of life. Todd Grinnell and Stephen Tobolowsky also star.Read original story ‘One Day at a Time’ Canceled (Again) After 1 Season on Pop TV At TheWrap
'The most practical thing I've ever had': Ronni Kahn on her three most useful objectsLately, the founder of OzHarvest has been focused on keeping her plants alive, and setting aside her preconceptions for the sake of pure fashion pragmatism
Skydance Media is in final talks to hire WME executive Rebecca Mall to oversee the entire marketing department, an individual with knowledge of the situation said Tuesday.As part of a reshuffle at the Paramount-based production company, current marketing head Anne Globe and corporate communications EVP Jack Horner will exit the company.Prior to her work as a senior marketing exec at WME, Mall worked at Paramount as the studio’s co-president of domestic marketing and has also worked on marketing projects at ABC, NBCUniversal and Google, particularly in direct-to-consumer ventures.In a newly designed role she is expected to take starting next year, Mall will oversee all aspects of the company’s marketing efforts, including for projects in the studio’s streaming, theatrical, animation and TV divisions.Also Read: Skydance Animation Names Shane Prigmore Senior Vice President of DevelopmentGlobe is ending a five-year run at Skydance as chief marketing officer, where she oversaw the marketing campaigns for the two most recent “Mission: Impossible” films: “Rogue Nation” in 2015 and “Fallout” in 2018. Horner joined the company in 2018 after a long stint at Warner Bros.Skydance’s upcoming projects include the Tom Cruise film “Top Gun: Maverick,” which will be released by Paramount next year, two more “Mission: Impossible” movies and the G.I. Joe prequel “Snake Eyes.” The company has also recently launched a new animation division with plans to release its first feature film, “Luck,” in February 2022 with Paramount distributing.The hire was first reported by Deadline.Read original story Skydance Reshuffle: Rebecca Mall in Talks to Head Up Marketing as Anne Globe, Jack Horner Exit At TheWrap
Sign us up!
Every inch is designed to be practical—and fun!
Best Rap/Sung Performance—as well as three other categories—got much-needed updates too.
Sources have confirmed that the singer and business mogul was never cast in the upcoming sequel.
The coronavirus pandemic decimated the box office for 2020 — and now it’s looking to take a bite out of the first quarter (at least) of 2021 as well. With infections, hospitalizations and deaths on the rise in the U.S. and much of Europe — and a vaccine months away from approval and widespread distribution — Hollywood studios and movie theaters are bracing for further delays in the release of major films. On Monday, Universal pushed back its female-led spy thriller “The 355” from January 2021 to January 2022. That follows a bunch of recent postponements for films that had hoped to open early next year: Sony pushed “Peter Rabbit 2,” already delayed from April 2020 to January 2021, to a new date three months later. And Universal shifted the Jennifer Lopez rom-com “Marry Me” from Valentine’s weekend to May 2021. Studios are in a bind: Do they continue to stockpile films (and push off any revenues) — or release them to potentially lower profits via either streaming services or limited-capacity theaters (where that’s even an option). They must also factor in the disappointing returns for two megabudget studio releases this fall: Disney’s “Mulan,” released as a premium offering on...Read original story As Studios Push Early 2021 Film Releases, Are Hope for Box Office Recovery Dashed? At TheWrap
1) Stay away from trends.
The first daughter joined her family for the annual White House tradition.
You deserve to feel good, after all.
Barack Obama’s “A Promised Land” sold 1,710,443 units in its first week, publisher Penguin Random House announced on Tuesday.The book, published through Penguin Random House’s Crown imprint, sold 887,000 units in all formats on its publishing date last Tuesday. The total numbers reflect sales across the United States and Canada.The only Penguin Random House book that comes close to those launch date numbers is also an Obama memoir. “Becoming,” the memoir former first lady Michelle Obama released back in 2018, moved 725,000 by launch day and has since gone on to sell 10 million copies.Also Read: Sarah Palin Pushes Back on Obama's Claim She Fueled GOP's 'Dark Spirits'The publisher also noted Tuesday that the hefty memoir from the former president is doing well overseas. In the United Kingdom and Ireland, “A Promised Land” sold almost 150,000 units across all formats in its first five days of publication. It’s currently the No. 1 bestselling title in the U.K. through all book categories and formats.According to the Associated Press, Bill Clinton’s 2004 memoir “My Life” sold 400,000 copies by its first day, while George W. Bush’s 2010 memoir “Decision Points” sold close to 200,000. No word on whether Donald Trump will get around to writing (or “writing”) a post-presidential memoir of his own — presumably it would come after he finally accepts the outcome of the 2020 election, which he lost by more than 5 million votes.The 768-page “A Promised Land” sells for $45 hardcover.Read original story Barack Obama’s Memoir Sells Over 1.7 Million Copies in First Week At TheWrap
The event was slated to occur in the Q2 period.
Research has proven how your physical space can affect your mental health.
ADD. TO. CART.
The Weeknd did not sport a bloody nose and face bandages all year to not earn a single nom!