- By Angela Boggiano
- Serves 10-12
- Takes 20 minutes to make, plus 6 hours’ chilling
- 75g butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 250g HobNobs biscuits
- 250g vanilla fudge
- 300g mascarpone
- 400ml double cream, softly whipped
- 250g strawberries, quartered
- 2 tsp icing sugar
- 1. Lightly butter a 23cm springform cake tin. Pulse the biscuits to crumbs in a food processor. Add the melted butter and pulse until combined and clumped together. Tip into the base of the tin and press down evenly. Chill.
- 2. Meanwhile, put 200g of the fudge in a large bowl and melt in a microwave for 1 minute on High, until it forms a soft paste (or alternatively melt in a pan over a very low heat). Cool slightly. Beat the mascarpone in a bowl with a wooden spoon until soft, add to the melted fudge and mix until combined. Gently fold in the whipped cream.
- 3. Chop the remaining fudge into small chunks and stir into the filling. Spoon over the chilled biscuit base, smoothing the top. Cover and chill for 6 hours or overnight – the fudge will set the cheesecake.
- 4. Meanwhile, put the strawberries in a bowl and toss with the icing sugar. Set aside to macerate for 20 minutes.
- 5. Once the cheesecake is set, run a knife all around to loosen and remove the springform collar. Slide onto a serving plate and spoon over the strawberries to serve.
Per serving (based on 12): 512kcals, 40.9g fat (25.1g saturated), 3.9g protein, 34.2g carbs, 24.7g sugar, 0.5g salt