Descendants 3 star Dove Cameron wants to play Gwen Stacy opposite Tom Holland on screen.
It looks like Tom Holland is getting used to saving the day.After the reported split between Disney and Sony that would’ve separated the Spider-Man franchise from the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Disney CEO Bob Iger explained that it was Holland, Spider-Man himself, who helped the two companies come to a deal again.Iger was a guest on “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” Thursday night talking about his new memoir “The Ride of a Lifetime,” and Jimmy Kimmel asked if it was true that Holland was responsible for getting Marvel and Sony to come together. Iger said that bringing Spider-Man back into the fold happened “miraculously,” and that Holland really was part of the conversation.Also Read: Bob Iger: George Lucas 'Felt Betrayed' When Disney Didn't Use His 'Star Wars' Sequel Plans“It was clear that the fans wanted Tom back as Spider-Man, made by Marvel and our Marvel production team,” Iger told the ABC late-night host. “It was clear that he cared so much, and we care about him. And he’s a great Spider-Man, isn’t he? I felt for him, and it was clear the fans wanted this to happen.”Here’s how it went down. Holland was at Disney’s D23 event for a panel on the upcoming Pixar movie he stars in alongside Chris Pratt called “Onward.” At that event, Holland addressed the news of the split between Sony and Marvel by saying, “It’s been a long week … But I just want to let you all know … I love you 3000.”What we didn’t see was that Holland then requested Iger’s contact information and got in touch with the Disney boss to see what could be done to patch things up. Iger even joked that Holland cried on the phone, which didn’t actually happen. But Iger then called the head of Sony and said “we’ve got to figure out a way to get this done.”Also Read: Disney Chief Bob Iger Says 'It Wasn't Right' to Stay on Apple's Board“Like two divorced parents coming together and figuring it out,” Kimmel said. “Sometimes companies when they’re negotiating, or other people are negotiating, they forget there are other people who actually matter,” Iger responded.It truly was a scary month or so there. In August, the Sony and Marvel partnership, which has resulted in the $880.2 million-grossing “Spider-Man: Homecoming” film and the $1.1 billion “Spider-Man: Far From Home,” ended. Marvel bailed on the arrangement over a dispute regarding the financing of future films, an insider told TheWrap at the time.But that ended late last month, and the two additional Spider-Man films that are still in development, including the next one slated for release on July 16, 2021, are both set to star Tom Holland and be directed by Jon Watts. As part of the renewed agreement, Spider-Man will also appear in a future Marvel Studios film. Amy Pascal will also produce through Pascal Pictures, as she did on the first two films.Watch Iger’s full clip above.Read original story Bob Iger Explains How Tom Holland Saved Spider-Man in the Marvel-Sony Partnership (Video) At TheWrap
In a curve ball from the Spider-verse, Sony is said to be plotting a new movie project around the character of Madame Web.
Kirsten Dunst said it was 'pretty s***ty' for Reuters to boil her 30-year career down to playing a superhero's girlfriend.
Avengers: Endgame director Joe Russo calls Sony's decision to end Marvel relationship and take Spider-Man out of the MCU a huge mistake.
Spider-Man fans hoping to see more Peter Parker in the Marvel Cinematic Universe have just had their last hopes dashed.
Gemma Chan and Kit Harington join the cast while Black Panther 2's release date is revealed.
Stan Lee's daughter has some strong words for Disney in the wake of the Spider-Man dispute.
The successful partnership between Disney’s Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures on the “Spider-Man” films has come to an end: Marvel has bailed out on the arrangement in a dispute over financing future films, an insider told TheWrap.The arrangement had been beneficial to both parties. “Spider-Man: Far From Home” released last month, is the most successful Sony film and the most successful “Spider-Man” film in terms of box office.A Sony spokesperson said late Tuesday that the decision involved Disney opting not to have Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige, who oversees the Marvel Cinematic Universe, spend time on Spider-Man.Also Read: 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' to Pass $1.1 Billion Global Gross, Becomes Sony's Top Box Office Hit“We are disappointed, but respect Disney’s decision not to have him continue as a lead producer of our next live action Spider-Man film,” the spokesperson said in a statement. “We hope this might change in the future, but understand that the many new responsibilities that Disney has given him – including all their newly added Marvel properties – do not allow time for him to work on IP they do not own. Kevin is terrific and we are grateful for his help and guidance and appreciate the path he has helped put us on, which we will continue.”The Marvel-Sony partnership, which began with Tom Holland’s Spider-Man appearing in 2016’s “Captain America: Civil War,” allowed Spider-Man to interact for the first time in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, trading quips with Captain America and learning under Iron Man. “Far From Home” was largely focused on the possibility of Spider-Man replacing Tony Stark as the tech genius at the center of The Avengers.The collapse of the Sony-Marvel partnership also seems likely to dim future prospects for Spider-Man’s partnerships in the MCU. A person familiar with Disney’s thinking said the company was uninterested in continuing negotiations.“The MCU is on to Phase 4 and introducing lots of new characters,” the person said, referring to Marvel’s upcoming slate of films including “Black Widow,” “Thor: Love and Thunder,” “The Eternals,” “Shang Chi,” “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness” and “Blade.”According to Deadline, which first reported Disney-Sony breakup, Disney asked Sony that future “Spider-Man” films be a 50/50 co-financing arrangement between both studios, a request Sony turned down. Sony’s counteroffer proposed keeping the current deal in place where Marvel receives about 5% of the first dollar gross, and Disney refused, Deadline said.Marvel already owns all the merchandising on “Spider-Man.”There are currently two more “Spider-Man” films in development with Tom Holland and director John Watts attached, but they will now go forward without Feige’s guidance.Released two months after “Avengers: Endgame” ended the MCU as fans knew it, “Far From Home” served as a palette cleanser and a taste of what Marvel Studios had in store for the next phase of the story. Sony has grossed $809 million domestically so far this year, and should pass the $1 billion mark after a busy fourth quarter.The studio will release the horror-comedy film “Zombieland: Double Tap” this October, followed by Elizabeth Banks’ “Charlie’s Angels” and likely Oscar contender “A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood” in November. Sony will then cap off the year with “Jumanji: The Next Level,” the sequel to “Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle” which earned $962 million worldwide two years ago.Read original story Marvel Abandons ‘Spider-Man’ Films in Dispute With Sony At TheWrap
Spider-Man fan Ollie Jones, 4, died from the rare disease leukodystrophy in December.
Spider-Man: Far From Home director Jon Watts has opened up about the role of Uncle Ben in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and it is very ambiguous.
Stars Tom Holland and Jake Gyllenhaal and director Jon Watts on the absence of Robert Downey Jr. from the latest Marvel movie and how his presence was still felt.
Marvel Studios' "Spider-Man" sequel sees Peter Parker fighting a threat while on a school trip and dealing with personal demons.