With systemic racism and police brutality being at the forefront of the national consciousness, Theron felt it was a topic she needed to discuss with them.
Fox News host Tucker Carlson’s top writer, Blake Neff, has resigned after CNN Business discovered that he had been posting racist and sexist material in an online forum under a pseudonym.A Fox News spokesperson confirmed to TheWrap on Friday that Neff had resigned but did not elaborate on the reason why.According to CNN Business, Neff disparaged Black and Asian people and derided a woman for being a “megashrew” in multiple pseudonymous posts. Comments include, “Black doods staying inside playing Call of Duty is probably one of the biggest factors keeping crime down,” which CNN said Neff wrote last month. In another post made this week, CNN reported that Neff said that he “wouldn’t get LASIK from an Asian for free” in response to an email thread with the subject line, “Would u let a JET BLACK congo n—– do lasik eye surgery on u for 50% off?”Also Read: Sen Tammy Duckworth Rips 'Desperate' Tucker Carlson and Trump for Questioning Her Patriotism: 'These Titanium Legs Don't Buckle'CNN Business said that after receiving an anonymous tip, they were able to identify Neff as the person behind the username “CharlesXII” by reviewing his messages with public information about Neff. The account had also posted photos in 2018 to the online forum in which Neff’s reflection can be seen taking the photograph, according to CNN Business.Neff was asked to join “Tucker Carlson Tonight” as a writer in November 2016 from the Daily Caller, where he was an education correspondent, according to a recent profile published in Dartmouth University’s alumni magazine. In the profile, Neff also said he was responsible for the “first drafts” for “anything” that Carlson was reading off the teleprompter.Neff has taken down most of his social media accounts as of Friday evening. He remains unable to be reached for comment.Read original story Tucker Carlson’s Top Writer Resigns After Discovery of Racist, Sexist Comments in Online Forum At TheWrap
The 73-year-old actor said the new movie will attempt to deal with the changing landscape and controversy around policing.
Wedding planners explain why they refuse to work on ceremonies hosted by venues which used to operate as plantations.
Sacha Baron Cohen on Saturday infiltrated a far-right militia group’s rally in Olympia, Washington, and told a series of “racist and anti-Semitic” jokes while encouraging the crowd to participate, organizers of the event said.Video of the incident spread rapidly, including lengthy footage of a heavily bearded bluegrass singer in overalls leading a portion of the crowd to sing along to lyrics about injecting Barack Obama, Dr. Anthony Fauci and CNN with the “Wuhan flu” — or chopping them up “like the Saudis do.”The rally, which was billed as “March for Our Rights 3,” took place at Olympia’s Heritage Park and drew a crowd of about 500, Washington State Patrol troopers told The Olympian. In a Facebook post that was subsequently deleted, Yelm City Councilman James Blair identified the performer as Cohen, who has famously pranked right-wing political figures by dressing in disguise to satirize their views in films like “Borat” and the 2018 Showtime series “Who Is America.”A rep for Cohen did not immediately respond to a request for comment.Also Read: Sacha Baron Cohen Rips Google Co-Founders for Resignations: 'Now You Drop Out?'“Sacha Baron Cohen pulled a bulls— stunt at the March For Our Rights 3 event,” Blair said in his post. “He came on stage disguised as the lead singer of the last band, singing a bunch of racist, hateful, disgusting s—,” Blair wrote. “His security blocked event organizers from getting him off the stage, or pulling power from the generator. After the crowd realized what he was saying, and turned on him, his security then rushed the stage and evacuated them to a waiting private ambulance that was contracted to be their escape transport.”In a subsequent Facebook post on Sunday, Blair wrote, “I am deeply ashamed of any individual who was singing along with the lyrics of this song, whether they were an actual attendee or a paid actor. I’m disgusted that Mr. Cohen turned a peaceful family event into a mockery. These individuals do not represent the event, it’s organizers, or the vast majority of those who attended. The messages in this song are disgusting, and I wholeheartedly stand against such tasteless and divisive behavior.”Organizers of the rally, the 3% of Washington, who bill themselves as “rag-tag revolutionists,” also issued a Facebook statement denouncing the stunt. “We of the WA3% were appalled at the performance of an entertainer adorned in clown-face, who — much to our group’s mutual repugnance — voiced a series of racist and antisemitic jokes and songs, while on the stand. This display of disgusting antics was neither condoned nor accepted by WA3%, and we disavow any affiliation with this lamentable individual. Our ranks enjoy the membership of every race, religion, and creed, and such despicable behavior is NEVER allowed within our group, and if it ever arises, it causes the immediate dismissal of the perpetrator.”Read original story Did Sacha Baron Cohen Just Infiltrate a Right-Wing Militia Rally? At TheWrap
Check out our list of stars (many from reality-TV shows) who were fired for racist comments in the wake of Black Lives Matter protests.
The London-based doctor smiles as he poses in his scrubs, before changing into a black hoodie
Mindfulness expert Mallika Chopra explains how to deal with feelings of anger over the killing of George Floyd by a white police officer in Minneapolis.
'The Help' proved controversial after its release, with even star Viola Davis criticising its portrayal of history.
The British actor has won plaudits after he spoke out against racism in the wake of the death of George Floyd.
"I pray for the souls and the families of those who were taken from us," the former first lady wrote on Instagram.
In his Netflix special "Sticks & Stones," Chappelle performed a blatantly racist impression of a Chinese person as part of an anti-trans joke.
Australian news magazine program "60 Minutes" is being criticized for an upcoming piece on Meghan Markle, with many saying it amounts to "bullying."