In the "Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker" it is revealed that Rey is the granddaughter of the evil Emperor Palpatine, but Ridley said that wasn’t always the case.
We’ll cut right to the chase: The rumor that Ewan McGregor has walked away from the upcoming Disney+ “Star Wars” tv series about Obi-Wan Kenobi and that Disney has canceled the show is not true.Sources with knowledge of the situation told TheWrap on Friday that the story circulating is “totally inaccurate,” and that the show is still moving forward as announced last summer.The story is actually a hoax created by a clearly-labeled joke Twitter account called @DicsussingFilm. The clue that this story wasn’t on the level should probably have been the obviously misspelled “Dicsussing” in the handle, but in case that didn’t do the trick, the account’s bio says “PARODY ACCOUNT, NOT AFFILIATED WITH @DiscussingFilm.”Also Read: 'Mandalorian' Director Deborah Chow to Direct Obi-Wan Kenobi Series for Disney+What happened is that on Wednesday, “DicsussingFilm” tweeted “Ewan McGregor has exited the ‘OBI-WAN’ Disney+ series due to creative differences. (Source: @disneyplus).” The joke was immediately recognized by the account’s followers, but on Friday a couple of fansites including That Hashtag Show and We Got This Covered took the tweet at face value and ran with it, causing the matter to become a trending Twitter topic.So, rest easy, people looking forward to the further adventures of Obi-Wan Kenobi: The show is still happening, at least for now.Announced last summer during D23 2019, the Obi-Wan series will take place at some point during the 19-year gap between the end of “Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith” and “Star Wars: A New Hope.” McGregor will once again play the Jedi Master originally portrayed by Alec Guinness and executive produce, alongside series director Deborah Chow and writer Hossein Amini. Jason McGatlin, Lucasfilm’s executive vice president of production, will serve as co-producer.Also Read: Taika Waititi Eyed to Develop 'Star Wars' MovieThe project will be the third live-action “Star Wars” series for Disney+, following “The Mandalorian” and the “Rogue One” prequel series centered on Diego Luna’s character, Cassian Andor.Read original story No, the ‘Star Wars’ Disney+ Series About Obi-Wan Kenobi Has Not Been Canceled At TheWrap
Back in 2017, it was announced that British director Stephen Daldry, maker of movies like Billy Elliot and Netflix hit The Crown, had signed up to make a standalone Obi-Wan Kenobi movie.
While we await The Mandalorian, Ewan McGregor has teased details of the planned Obi-Wan Kenobi series for Disney's new streaming platform Disney+.
With Ewan McGregor now officially on board to reprise his role as the young (ish) Obi-Wan Kenobi in a new TV spin-off, we're now getting details of where the show will sit in the Star Wars universe.
In early talks to direct is veteran British director Stephen Daldry, the Oscar-nominated helmsman of movies like 'The Hours' and 'Billy Elliott', according to the Hollywood Reporter.
While we Kenobi-philes wait for that Obi-Wan standalone movie — or to see if the old Jedi still has a role to play in Episode VIII (perhaps in relation to a certain budding Force aficionado?) — the folks at Lucasfilm have thrown us a bone.
Filling in the blanks between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope had been an Olympic-worthy sport for Star Wars fans for years. While some details have recently been sketched in by the animated series Star Wars Rebels, that 30-year period remains fertile ground for storytellers, with the standalone Rogue One and the solo Han Solo movie along with tie-in novels mining that era.
Legendary Chewbacca actor Peter Mayhew has shared part of the original script he owns from ‘Star Wars: A New Hope’, whereby Obi-Wan Kenobi survives his battle with Darth Vader. Mayhew (who’s also in ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ as the seven foot wookie) has been sharing pages from his original script on Twitter ever since February.
Did you know that Ewan McGregor was in ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens?’ If not, don’t worry, as it seems the actor himself has all but forgotten about it. Norton finally informed him the full line was “Rey, these are your first steps.” This very brief moment has sparked a slew of fan theories about how Rey and Obi-Wan might be related.
So, today marks the release of the second season of Daredevil - the third season of Marvel’s extremely successful Defenders Netflix shows. They’re almost unprecedented in their level of critical and audience acclaim as superhero programs - so, for a time, the question on everyone’s mind was “what about Star Wars?”
A fourth ‘Star Wars’ prequel is on its way, but don’t worry, it’s shaping up pretty well. Welsh director Gareth Edwards’ 'Rogue One’ will tell the story of how the Rebels acquired the plans for the original Death Star. The marketing team behind the film would certainly love to be able to slap Darth Vader on the movie’s posters, but would he fit into a story that we know will be more grounded than the mainline films?
OK, so if you’ve not seen ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ yet, it’s best to stop reading because its director, J.J. Abrams, has confirmed the classic stars that appear in the new film. At the time it’s a quick, disorientating montage of Kylo Ren standing over slain bodies, a cloaked Luke Skywalker reaching towards R2-D2, and a younger version of Rey being abandoned on Jakku. Well Abrams has confirmed that they include a number of original cast members from both trilogies.
The prequels benefit from better technology (and honestly, they look more futuristic than the original trilogy does), so here’s why we should all give the prequel trilogy a chance. Here’s a reminder of what lightsaber battles were like in the original trilogy.