Disney makes sweeping changes to its upcoming slate of movies in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.
Jessica Chastain turned down a supporting part in 'Doctor Strange' in the classiest way possible.
Fans have been calling for Scarlett Johansson's Natasha Romanoff to get a solo adventure for many years.
Patty Jenkins is one of the success stories of the DC Extended Universe, but she almost helmed an early MCU sequel.
“Shang-Chi” director Destin Daniel Cretton announced Monday that he has tested negative for the coronavirus, and urged his social media followers to “please err on the side of safety and concern for those more vulnerable than you.”Cretton, who is in Australia for the filming of “Shang-Chi,” went into self-isolation last Thursday and the production was placed on hiatus. While Disney said at the time that Cretton took the step out of caution because he has an infant child, the specific event that prompted him to worry wasn’t disclosed at the time. But in a statement posted to Instagram Monday, Cretton said he did so after he became aware that he “was working in close proximity with some people who had potentially been exposed.”Cretton added that during his isolation over the weekend, he had time to consider what he called “a time full of opinions and division, where scientific truths are debated and brushed off as political spins.” Even so, Cretton said he is heartened because “I could see something really quite beautiful happening. People all around the world are beginning to realize how connected we are, how vulnerable we are, how much we need each other to survive.”Also Read: Bored at Home? Here's Where You Can Watch Most of AFI's Top 25 Films (Photos)Cretton wrote that he is happy that he tested negative, but that he “will continue to be even more careful in the days ahead. Because if you believe in good science, and I do, we still have a mountain to climb together. No matter what you believe or how serious you think this problem is, please err on the side of safety and concern for those more vulnerable than you, and remember that having no symptoms doesn’t mean you’re not a carrier.”He concluded, “Please stay hopeful, please stay humble, please stay home. Social distancing is an act of love for yourself, your family, and for every person on this planet. Sending all of you our love from Sydney, Australia.”The good news comes hours after it was announced that Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson had been released from the hospital. The couple, who are also in Australia for a now-postponed film shoot, disclosed that they tested positive for coronavirus last Wednesday, a move widely credited with changing world opinion about the seriousness of the illness.Starring Simu Liu in the title role, “Shang-Chi” focuses on Marvel’s Shang-half-Chinese, half-American martial arts superhero created by writer Steve Englehart and artist Jim Starlin. In the comics, Shang-Chi is an extraordinary master of numerous unarmed and weaponry-based wushu styles, including the use of the gun, nunchaku and jian. The film also stars Awkwafina in an unannounced role, and Tony Leung as Marvel villain The Mandarin.Disney did not immediately respond to a request for comment from TheWrap. “Shang-Chi” remains on hiatus.Read original story ‘Shang-Chi’ Director Says He’s Tested Negative for Coronavirus: ‘Please Err on the Side of Safety’ At TheWrap
Director Destin Daniel Cretton has self-isolated under the recommendation of a doctor.
There was almost another major casualty among Marvel's A-list roster of heroes during the final 'Avengers: Endgame' battle.
Hulk is set to return to the Marvel Cinematic Universe when Mark Ruffalo reprises the role in 'What If?' on Disney+.
After some tense – and in one case tipsy – negotiations, Spider-Man is back in the comfortable folds of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
The Hollywood studio has shared a dozen new posters, inspired by the Chinese festival, for some of its biggest and most exciting 2020 releases.
Marvel’s “Howard the Duck” and “Tigra & Dazzler” animated series are no longer moving forward at Hulu, an individual with knowledge of the projects told TheWrap.The other two, “M.O.D.O.K.” and “Hit Monkey,” are still in development. The individual added that the decision to scrap the two shows came from Marvel. With half of the planned four series now dead, the crossover “The Offenders” is also unlikely to happen.Last year, Hulu announced an expansive multi-series commitment with Marvel TV that would consist of the aforementioned four series, and the crossover. This now leaves Hulu with only three Marvel TV series, as Kevin Feige continues to wind down Marvel TV’s roster in the months after it was moved under Marvel Studios. In addition to the two animated series, Hulu is also developing a live-action “Helstrom” series, which will star Elizabeth Marvel, Tom Austen and Sydney Lemmon.Also Read: How 'Runaways' Got Caught in the Middle of Marvel TV's Corporate RestructuringEarlier this week, Hulu announced the voice cast for “M.O.D.O.K.,” which will star and be written by Patton Oswalt. He is joined by Ben Schwartz, Melissa Fumero, Beck Bennet, Sam Richardson, Wendi McLendon-Covey, Jon Daly and Aimee Garcia. “Tigra & Dazzler” had previously halted development in December, with Erica Rivinoja leaving as showrunner over creative differences.In October, Marvel TV was moved under Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige, who was named chief creative officer across all of Marvel. Since then, Jeph Loeb stepped down as head of Marvel TV and all future development was shuttered. Marvel TV staff, including Karim Zreik, senior vice president of current programming and production and members of his team, moved over to the Marvel Studios group, with Zreik in charge of all current projects in production.“Cloak & Dagger” was cancelled after two seasons at Freeform, and “The Runaways” closed after three seasons, with the third premiering on Hulu last month. The first Marvel TV show, “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” will end its seven-season run on ABC this summer.Marvel Studios is planning its own foray into the small screen with eight different shows for Disney+. Those include “The Falcon and The Winter Soldier,” “WandaVision,” “Loki” and “Hawkeye,” which all star characters from the hugely popular Marvel Cinematic Universe.Read original story Marvel TV Shows ‘Howard the Duck’ and ‘Tigra & Dazzler’ Will Not Move Forward at Hulu At TheWrap
Effects teams behind 'Avengers: Endgame' and 'Captain Marvel' explain why they would never resurrect a dead actor for an MCU film.
The conclusion to Tony Stark's story in 'Avengers: Endgame' almost pushed the limits of the film's family-friendly age rating.
The long-awaited superhero horror movie The New Mutants has dropped a new trailer.