Birds Of Prey director Cathy Yan on whether or not the comic-book character underwhelmed at the box office.
Disney makes sweeping changes to its upcoming slate of movies in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.
Jessica Chastain turned down a supporting part in 'Doctor Strange' in the classiest way possible.
Fans have been calling for Scarlett Johansson's Natasha Romanoff to get a solo adventure for many years.
Bob Iger, the executive chairman and former CEO of Disney, has said that he won't be taking any of his salary during the coronavirus crisis.
Sony has confirmed that it's postponing the releases of its two summer tentpole movies, Ghostbusters: Afterlife and Marvel movie Morbius.
David Harbour has thrown his support behind Black Widow being released online, although he openly admits that this is a decision above his pay grade.
The FBI has arrested actor Keith Middlebrook, who had uncredited roles in Thor and Iron Man 2, after he tried to sell a cure for the coronavirus.
Patty Jenkins is one of the success stories of the DC Extended Universe, but she almost helmed an early MCU sequel.
“Shang-Chi” director Destin Daniel Cretton announced Monday that he has tested negative for the coronavirus, and urged his social media followers to “please err on the side of safety and concern for those more vulnerable than you.”Cretton, who is in Australia for the filming of “Shang-Chi,” went into self-isolation last Thursday and the production was placed on hiatus. While Disney said at the time that Cretton took the step out of caution because he has an infant child, the specific event that prompted him to worry wasn’t disclosed at the time. But in a statement posted to Instagram Monday, Cretton said he did so after he became aware that he “was working in close proximity with some people who had potentially been exposed.”Cretton added that during his isolation over the weekend, he had time to consider what he called “a time full of opinions and division, where scientific truths are debated and brushed off as political spins.” Even so, Cretton said he is heartened because “I could see something really quite beautiful happening. People all around the world are beginning to realize how connected we are, how vulnerable we are, how much we need each other to survive.”Also Read: Bored at Home? Here's Where You Can Watch Most of AFI's Top 25 Films (Photos)Cretton wrote that he is happy that he tested negative, but that he “will continue to be even more careful in the days ahead. Because if you believe in good science, and I do, we still have a mountain to climb together. No matter what you believe or how serious you think this problem is, please err on the side of safety and concern for those more vulnerable than you, and remember that having no symptoms doesn’t mean you’re not a carrier.”He concluded, “Please stay hopeful, please stay humble, please stay home. Social distancing is an act of love for yourself, your family, and for every person on this planet. Sending all of you our love from Sydney, Australia.”The good news comes hours after it was announced that Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson had been released from the hospital. The couple, who are also in Australia for a now-postponed film shoot, disclosed that they tested positive for coronavirus last Wednesday, a move widely credited with changing world opinion about the seriousness of the illness.Starring Simu Liu in the title role, “Shang-Chi” focuses on Marvel’s Shang-half-Chinese, half-American martial arts superhero created by writer Steve Englehart and artist Jim Starlin. In the comics, Shang-Chi is an extraordinary master of numerous unarmed and weaponry-based wushu styles, including the use of the gun, nunchaku and jian. The film also stars Awkwafina in an unannounced role, and Tony Leung as Marvel villain The Mandarin.Disney did not immediately respond to a request for comment from TheWrap. “Shang-Chi” remains on hiatus.Read original story ‘Shang-Chi’ Director Says He’s Tested Negative for Coronavirus: ‘Please Err on the Side of Safety’ At TheWrap
Scarlett Johansson was so concerned about Black Widow’s original death scene in Avengers: Endgame they decided to alter it.
Damon Lindelof wants to work with Marvel, especially since they are getting more and more experimental.
Disney has postponed the releases of “Mulan,” “The New Mutants” and “Antlers” out of “an abundance of caution,” Disney announced Thursday.“As you know this has been a rapidly evolving situation and I wanted to make you aware that we are postponing the releases of ‘Mulan,’ ‘The New Mutants,’ and ‘Antlers’ out of an abundance of caution. We truly believe in the moviegoing experience, and we are looking at new potential 2020 release dates to be announced at a later date,” Disney said in a statement.“Mulan” was supposed to hit theaters March 27, while “The New Mutants” was scheduled for an April 3 release date and “Antlers” was supposed to open April 17.Also Read: 'Mulan' on Track for $80 Million-Plus Opening as Coronavirus Threatens Box Office Hopes“Mulan” was tracking for an $80 million opening weekend even amid the coronavirus scare. Thousands of theaters across China remain closed due to the spread of the novel disease, striking a massive blow to the country’s exhibition industry as the lockdown began at the start of the lucrative Lunar New Year period.On social media, “Mulan” director Niki Caro said, “Our hearts are with everyone the world over who is affected by the virus, and we hope that Mulan’s fighting spirit will continue to inspire those who are working so hard to keep us all safe.”Other films have been affected by the coronavirus scare, including Universal’s “F9,” which was postponed for a year. “A Quiet Place 2” and “The Lovebirds” were canceled,” and “No Time to Die,” the latest Bond entry, was postponed till November.As of Thursday, the CDC reported 1,215 total cases in the United States, with 36 reported deaths.See Caro’s statement below.A message from Mulan Director, Niki Caro. pic.twitter.com/0L3VzAfaeB— Mulan (@DisneysMulan) March 12, 2020Read original story Disney Postpones Releases of ‘Mulan,’ ‘The New Mutants’ and ‘Antlers’ At TheWrap
Concerns over the spread of coronavirus have halted filming of the new Marvel series Falcon And The Winter Soldier.
It was Scottish actor Dougray Scott – not Hugh Jackman – who was all set to play Wolverine in the X-Men movies, beginning with Bryan Singer's first foray back in 2000.
Disney+ has Marvel fans covered, but there are a few notable names missing from the streamer's UK offering.