Update: At an event on Thursday, Ewan McGregor downplayed the seriousness of the situation, telling reporters the show is still on schedule and will begin filming in early 2021. Read more here.Production on the Disney+ Series “Obi-Wan” has been placed on hold indefinitely, and the crew at Pinewood Studios in London has been sent home, Collider reported Thursday.Representatives for Disney and Lucasfilm have not responded to TheWrap’s request for comment, but The Hollywood Reporter reported that the show is undergoing a retooling. THR also reports that Lucasfilm is searching for a new writer and the show’s episode order has been reduced from six to four episodes.This new development is entirely unrelated to the hoax report last week that the show had been canceled. That rumor was started by a joke Twitter account called @DicsussingFilm and later picked up unsourced by a couple of fansites. An individual with direct knowledge told TheWrap at the time that the report of the show’s cancellation was “completely inaccurate” and that it remained in development on schedule.Also Read: No, the 'Star Wars' Disney+ Series About Obi-Wan Kenobi Has Not Been CanceledAnnounced last summer during D23 2019, the Obi-Wan series will take place at some point during the 19-year gap between the end of “Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith” and “Star Wars: A New Hope.” McGregor will once again play the Jedi Master originally portrayed by Alec Guinness and executive produce, alongside series director Deborah Chow and writer Hossein Amini. Jason McGatlin, Lucasfilm’s executive vice president of production, will serve as co-producer.The project will be the third live-action “Star Wars” series for Disney+, following “The Mandalorian” and the “Rogue One” prequel series centered on Diego Luna’s character, Cassian Andor.Collider first reported the news.Read original story ‘Obi-Wan’ Disney+ Series Delayed ‘Indefinitely,’ London Crew Sent Home At TheWrap
We’ll cut right to the chase: The rumor that Ewan McGregor has walked away from the upcoming Disney+ “Star Wars” tv series about Obi-Wan Kenobi and that Disney has canceled the show is not true.Sources with knowledge of the situation told TheWrap on Friday that the story circulating is “totally inaccurate,” and that the show is still moving forward as announced last summer.The story is actually a hoax created by a clearly-labeled joke Twitter account called @DicsussingFilm. The clue that this story wasn’t on the level should probably have been the obviously misspelled “Dicsussing” in the handle, but in case that didn’t do the trick, the account’s bio says “PARODY ACCOUNT, NOT AFFILIATED WITH @DiscussingFilm.”Also Read: 'Mandalorian' Director Deborah Chow to Direct Obi-Wan Kenobi Series for Disney+What happened is that on Wednesday, “DicsussingFilm” tweeted “Ewan McGregor has exited the ‘OBI-WAN’ Disney+ series due to creative differences. (Source: @disneyplus).” The joke was immediately recognized by the account’s followers, but on Friday a couple of fansites including That Hashtag Show and We Got This Covered took the tweet at face value and ran with it, causing the matter to become a trending Twitter topic.So, rest easy, people looking forward to the further adventures of Obi-Wan Kenobi: The show is still happening, at least for now.Announced last summer during D23 2019, the Obi-Wan series will take place at some point during the 19-year gap between the end of “Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith” and “Star Wars: A New Hope.” McGregor will once again play the Jedi Master originally portrayed by Alec Guinness and executive produce, alongside series director Deborah Chow and writer Hossein Amini. Jason McGatlin, Lucasfilm’s executive vice president of production, will serve as co-producer.Also Read: Taika Waititi Eyed to Develop 'Star Wars' MovieThe project will be the third live-action “Star Wars” series for Disney+, following “The Mandalorian” and the “Rogue One” prequel series centered on Diego Luna’s character, Cassian Andor.Read original story No, the ‘Star Wars’ Disney+ Series About Obi-Wan Kenobi Has Not Been Canceled At TheWrap
It might not have wowed critics, but the latest 'Star Wars' film is still breaking box office records.
'The Rise of Skywalker' brings the main 'Star Wars' saga to an end after more than 40 years, leaving many questions about what comes next.
After years of fans dreaming of LGBTQ+ representation in Star Wars the franchise has finally responded.
A new documentary follows Leicestershire-based company, who Pailtoy were responsible for producing 'Star Wars' merchandise which is now worth thousands of pounds to collectors.
It seems Greedo and Bib Fortuna have an ongoing text message conversation, which is almost as odd as 'Maclunkey'.
Following the news that Game of Thrones showrunners D.B. Weiss and David Benioff have exited the Star Wars universe, insiders are reporting rifts within Lucasfilm and concerns over 'toxic fandom'.
Earlier this month, The Last Jedi director Rian Johnson cast doubt on whether he'd be working on a new Star Wars trilogy for Lucasfilm.
We got a glimpse of one of the diminutive new characters in the Star Wars universe in action figure form during last week's preview of merch-fest Triple Force Friday.
While Lucasfilm, J.J. Abrams, Daisy Ridley and John Boyega say precisely nothing about Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, as usual it's left to toy makers to spill the beans.
Bob Iger, the CEO of Disney, has admitted that the studio has released too many Star Wars movies too quickly.
George Lucas was famously edged out of the production of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, after he sold his Lucasfilm firm to Disney in 2012.
While the most recent glimpse at Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker from the D23 Expo event raised more questions than it answered, one Star Wars icon knows how it all ends, and reckons it's a winner.
US blogger Eric Butts posted his reaction video to the Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker trailer just few minutes after it was released online last week.
While Game of Thrones show-runners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss finish off the final season of the celebrated fantasy show, eyes are increasingly turning to their next project.
Mark Hamill has thrown his support behind Star Wars actress Kelly Marie Tran, who has quit social media following months of racist and sexist trolling.
Rian Johnson, the director of Star Wars: The Last Jedi, has slammed the racist and sexist trolls responsible for harassing actress Kelly Marie Tran.
Dave Benioff and D. B. Weiss have been given free reign to make their own Star Wars series of films and not everybody is happy about it.