Film producer and founder of Blumhouse Productions, Jason Blum, says he has tested positive for COVID-19, just a week after announcing that both of his kids had it.“Tested positive. It’s Coronamania at my house. Symptoms mild so far but will keep ya’ll posted,” he tweeted Sunday night.It was just nine days ago that the “Freaky” and “The BlacKkKlansman” producer let followers on social media in on the unfortunate family news that both of his children had contracted COVID-19. Although he said that he and his wife were OK at the time, the family was quarantining.The following day he gave an update, writing, “So far so good in the house of Covid. I mean talk about scary. We were outside and our friends drove by us and they rolled up their windows!! We may as well be possessed!”Also Read: LA County Implements 'Targeted' Safer-at-Home Order Amid COVID SurgeBlum’s news on Sunday comes on amid a bad turn for Los Angeles County, prompting the county to put into effect a new “targeted” safer-at-home order that will go into effect on Monday. The new order, which is significantly less restrictive than earlier lockdowns in the spring, will last for three weeks through Dec. 20. L.A. County reported 5,014 new COVID-19 cases and 16 new deaths, bringing the county’s total confirmed cases to 395,842, according to the Los Angeles County Department of Health.Public health officials say that 2,049 people are currently hospitalized with the virus, of which 24% are in the intensive care unit.Tested positive. It’s Coronamania at my house. Symptoms mild so far but will keep ya’ll posted.— Jason Blum (@jason_blum) November 30, 2020Read original story Jason Blum Tests Positive for COVID-19 a Week After His Children Did At TheWrap
The producer of Blumhouse's new horror quartet says the studio has made huge strides forward in diversity.
The original – which starred Neve Campbell and Fairuza Balk – was a modest hit and has gone on to become a cult classic.
After he turned 'The Invisible Man' into a critical and commercial hit, Blumhouse is backing Leigh Whannell again.
Filming on the next Marvel movies probably won’t take place until 2021, as the size of their productions make it too risky.
Jason Blum has reassured horror fans that controversy has not softened 'The Hunt', as it prepares to finally hit cinemas.
The Elisabeth Moss-fronted picture is an adaptation of the classic sci-fi novel.
The British actor is set to play a "charming fellow" named Peter in the eagerly anticipated follow-up.
The film's writer-director Leigh Whannell and actor Oliver Jackson-Cohen couldn't help but praise the 'Handmaid's Tale' star either.
Jason Blum is keen to reassure 'Halloween' fans that the next movie will do more than just set up next year's 'Halloween Ends'.
'The Hunt' will be released on 13 March, months after President Trump condemned the satiric political thriller featuring elites hunting "deplorables."
While we’re well used to horror movie sequels popping up even when few seem to have asked for them, it isn’t too often that we see a filmmaker openly admitting the previous film wasn’t all that great to begin with. Sharing the trailer for the upcoming sequel on Twitter, Bloom declared, “I know ouija wasn’t perfect. @Flanaganfilm is director Mike Flanagan, who - along with his co-writer Jeff Howard - is responsible for a few of the most intriguing, intelligent and atmospheric horror movies of the last few years, prior to taking on the ‘Ouija’ sequel.
Premiere of trailer for horror film centered on a boy's demonic possession, hoping to be saved not by an exorcism but by a one-on-one confrontation in his mind between a scientist and the evil spirit
Jason Blum is arguably the biggest name in horror cinema today. With the upcoming home entertainment release of his most recent horror sequel ‘Sinister 2’ (just one of the thirteen new releases to his name in 2015 alone), Blum was kind enough to give us a little of his time to discuss his work.
Eleven years since they last worked together, it’s been announced that director M Night Shyamalan and actor Joaquin Phoenix are teaming up again. The Wrap revealed that the duo have signed on for a new, unnamed film to be produced by Jason Blum, current king of horror thanks to the huge success of his company Blumhouse. The pair got together on 2002′s sci-fi chiller ‘Signs,’ in which Phoenix portrayed the younger brother of Mel Gibson’s bereaved ex-priest whose farmhouse home comes under attack by aliens.