Sadly, Danny Boyle probably has less say than most on who will be the next James Bond, but he's thrown his suggestion in the ring nonetheless.
Danny Boyle won't be rushing back to the major Hollywood franchises after his experience on Bond 25, he has revealed.
'Bond 25' is seemingly set to mark Daniel Craig's farewell to a role he has played since 2006, but it hasn't been plain sailing at all.
Danny Boyle has said that it was disagreement with producers over working with his long-time writing partner John Hodge that led him to walk away from Bond 25.
The appointment of the True Detective helmsman was announced via the official Bond Twitter account, along with a release date now slated for February 14, 2020.
Danny Boyle reportedly quit Bond 25 because filmmakers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson wanted to use another writer other than Boyle's longtime collaborator John Hodge.
French actor Said Taghmaoui has said that he was in line to play the villain in Bond 25, painting a picture of the seeming indecision surrounding the production following Danny Boyle's exit.
The release of Bond 25 could be delayed by as much as a year following the departure of director Danny Boyle, according to reports.
Danny Boyle departed the production of Bond 25 in a dispute with Daniel Craig over the movie's Russian villain, according to reports.
Picked up by Bond news site MI6-HQ, it appears that the production is currently seeking what is likely to be the movie's main villain, a female lead and a henchman.
From what we know about Danny Boyle as a filmmaker, his Bond 25 is sure to be radically different from everything that's come
News emerged last week that he's set to take over from Sam Mendes in the director's chair, and that the Bond producers are 'willing' it to come off.