Nearly all animal owners reported their furry friend helped them stay active during the 'stay at home' restriction.
The president announced in May he had been taking the anti-malarial medication hydroxychloroquine for a week and a half.
“Saturday Night Live” is returning to Studio 8H to film new episodes starting next month and everyone involved will be tested for COVID-19 upon entering the building, including the audience, executive producer Lorne Michaels says.In an interview with the New York Times to discuss the upcoming season, Michaels said the details regarding how the show will incorporate a “limited” studio audience are “still being sorted out,” but it will involve rapid coronavirus testing.“Things have changed,” Michaels said. “There’s heat sensors at the revolving doors and then you go for your rapid [Covid] test. You wait 15 minutes and then you’re in the building.”Also Read: 'Saturday Night Live' Promotes Ego Nwodim to Main Cast Member for Season 46Michaels said in an earlier interview with Vulture that the show was cooperating with the office of New York Governor Andrew Cuomo on how to proceed with a limited in-studio audience for the run of shows coming up next month. “We need the audience, obviously,” he said at the time. “With comedy, when you don’t hear the response, it’s just different. With the kind of comedy we do, which quite often is broad, timing gets thrown off without an audience. And for me, what is most important is when you’re absolutely certain of some piece on Wednesday, and then the dress-rehearsal audience sees it on Saturday and tells you you’re wrong.”NBC announced this month that “SNL” will return with five back-to-back new episodes starting Oct. 3.Lauren Holt, Punkie Johnson and Andrew Dismukes have joined the cast as featured players for the upcoming season, which will also see Jim Carrey return to play Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden and Maya Rudolph reprise her role his running mate Kamala Harris.Chris Rock will host the season premiere, joined by musical guest Megan Thee Stallion.“We don’t know that we’re going to be able to pull it off,” Michaels told the Times. “We’re going to be as surprised as everyone else when it actually goes on. We just have to stay clean and focused until Oct. 3. And then we do five shows in a row.”Read original story ‘Saturday Night Live’ Will Test Audience Members for COVID-19 At TheWrap
The coronavirus has wrecked havoc on Hollywood’s release schedule, as multiple blockbusters-to-be have had their release dates postponed by as much as a year or canceled indefinitely. We're tracking the latest news on when you’ll be able to see major movies at a theater — or, in some cases, a streaming service — near you.
'Catastrophes are known to have an impact on relationships, as well as on mental health,' wrote the scientists.
The results come days before social gatherings will be limited to six people from multiple households in England.
Working on the intensive care unit, however, was linked to a 72% reduced risk of testing positive for coronavirus antibodies.
Sony Pictures Entertainment Chairman Tony Vinciquerra doesn’t think releasing a major $200 million film in limited theaters, with limited capacity as the country reels from a global pandemic is a smart thing to do. But in 2020, everyone’s taking chances. “What we won’t do is make the mistake of putting a very, very expensive $200 million movie out in the market unless we’re sure that theaters are open and operating at significant capacity,” Vinciquerra said during Bank of America’s 2020 Media, Communications & Entertainment Conference. His comments came as Hollywood struggles to get its hands around the recent release of Warner Bros. “Tenet,” which grossed $20 million in its opening weekend in the U.S. (without New York or L.A. theaters showing it). Is that good? Is it what the industry should expect right now for a $200 million film that has been touted as the movie to reignite the movie going crowd? “Tenet” has grossed more than $150 million worldwide, but the question at hand is regarding theaters in the U.S., as the coronavirus situation is drastically different around the world. But there doesn’t seem to be an answer. Right now, at least as far as Sony is concerned, Vinciquerra...Read original story Sony Won’t ‘Make the Mistake’ of Releasing a $200 Million Movie Until More Theaters Reopen At TheWrap
CNN cut away from a White House press briefing Wednesday and anchor Brianna Keilar told her viewers press secretary Kayleigh McEnany was “lying” about President Donald Trump’s coronavirus response.During the briefing, McEnany was asked to respond to new reporting from Bob Woodward that Trump knew about the coronavirus threat in early February, but downplayed it significantly.“The president never downplayed the virus,” McEnany said. “The president expressed calm.”Also Read: Trump Tells Bob Woodward He Intentionally Downplayed Danger of COVID-19In a Washington Post article that shares details from Woodward’s forthcoming book, “Rage,” it was revealed Wednesday that Trump received was warned by national security adviser Robert O’Brien in late January that the coronavirus had the potential to be the “biggest national security threat” of his presidency.On Feb. 7, according to the Post, Trump told Woodward that the coronavirus was “deadly stuff” and more serious than “your strenuous flu.”In public remarks Feb. 26, Trump told the public the coronavirus was “like a regular flu.”After cutting away from the briefing Wednesday, Keilar said, “That was the press secretary at the White House lying. She said the president never downplayed the coronavirus.”From there, she laid out what Trump did say earlier this year as the pandemic began, highlighting instances when he said the virus would “disappear” like “a miracle” and “will go away.”Twitter users, like the one below, quickly took note of the anchor’s cut-away and fact-check.Damn. @CNN isn't mincing words on Kayleigh McEnany's statements regarding if/why Trump lied about coronavirus.Trump woodward pic.twitter.com/clWt3qza65— Anne Boleyn (Sussex Supporter) (@TudorChick1501) September 9, 2020Read original story CNN Interrupts White House Press Briefing to Accuse Kayleigh McEnany of ‘Lying’ At TheWrap
While the CDC and the FDA have been consistently firm in their stance that foodborne transmission of coronavirus is virtually nonexistent, there may be some new evidence to the contrary.After finding traces of the virus on several imported foods and their packaging, like salmon from Norway and chicken wings from Brazil, Chinese authorities have been investigating the viability of the virus on food items since June.Now, a new study out of South China Agricultural University and Guangdong Academy of Agricultural Sciences in Guangzhou says that traces of the virus lingering on salmon could not only be detected, but also may remain infectious for more than a week.In an attempt to gauge how long the coronavirus could stay viable at low temperatures, similar to ones used in commercial food transportation, scientists found that the virus may be viable a lot longer than was previously believed. The study states that the virus samples collected from salmon survived up to eight days at 39 degrees Fahrenheit."SARS-CoV-2-contaminated fish from one country can be easily transported to another country within one week, thus serving as one of the sources for international transmission," the research paper noted.It's worth mentioning, however, that the study was just released last week, and is pending peer review and publication.These findings present a stark contrast to the most recent reports in American media, which note that there is no cause for concern around coronavirus transmission through food. In fact, a recently released study by the International Commission on Microbiological Specifications for Foods found "no documented evidence that food is a significant source or vehicle for transmission of COVID."For more information on the topic, check out 7 Coronavirus Food Myths You Shouldn't Believe.Don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
Nurse Jess Marchbank was initially diagnosed with COVID-19 in March, after suffering a sore throat.
The actor told fans he decided "not to take any extra medicines or vitamins or supplements" while "fighting off COVID-19."
Prince William praised emergency workers for their service during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Dr Bernard Trappey created a will the day before his first shift in a COVID-specific hospital.
The nation was the first in the world to approve a jab after less than two months of human testing.
Dwayne Johnson has warned fans to be 'strict about having people over', after revealing that he and his family all tested positive for coronavirus.