Sergio Rossi’s Mary Janes Give McKenna Grace a Preppy Touch for ‘Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire’ Photocall

Mary Jane shoes are an instant classic for women of all ages, and McKenna Grace’s latest choice proves it. The 17-year-old actress wore an interpretation of the iconic shoe when she opted for Sergio Rossi Twenty Buckle Black Pumps at the London premiere of “Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire” on March 21.

LONDON, ENGLAND - MARCH 21: Mckenna Grace at the London photocall of Columbia Pictures' Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire on March 21, 2024 in London, England. (Photo by Tim P. Whitby/Getty Images for Columbia Pictures)
Mckenna Grace’s shoes.Getty Images for Columbia Pictur

Grace, who plays Phoebe Spengler in the “Ghostbusters,” posed for photos with her cast mates during the photo call. The latest film of the franchise will debut in theaters on Friday.

More from Footwear News

LONDON, ENGLAND - MARCH 21: Mckenna Grace at the London photocall of Columbia Pictures' Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire on March 21, 2024 in London, England. (Photo by Tim P. Whitby/Getty Images for Columbia Pictures)
Mckenna Grace at the photocall of “Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire” on March 21, 2024 in London.Getty Images for Columbia Pictur

About the Shoes

The Sergio Rossi shoes are black patent leather pumps with a square toe, crystal buckle, 1-inch strap and a 3-inch heel.

Sergio Rossi Twenty Buckle Black Pumps
Sergio Rossi Twenty Buckle Black Pumps.Sergio Rossi

In terms of material, the heels’ external composition is made up of 100% laminated calf, while the sole is 100% leather. This edgy version of the Mary Jane comes in black and white and retails at $818.

LONDON, ENGLAND - MARCH 21: Paul Rudd, Mckenna Grace and Finn Wolfhard attend the photocall for "Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire" at Claridge's Hotel on March 21, 2024 in London, England. (Photo by Joe Maher/Getty Images)
Paul Rudd, Mckenna Grace and Finn Wolfhard at the photocall of “Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire” on March 21, 2024 in London.Getty Images

About the designer

Sergio Rossi was born in Italy in 1935. The shoe designer’s craft was influenced by his father, who was a shoemaker. In 1935, he opened his first store in addition to making sandals and selling them to beachgoers at boutiques in Bologna. 17 years after opening his first store, he created the first shoes to be marked with the Rossi name on them. His shoes were known for going through 120 stages and taking 14 hours to make.

Rossi became widely known in the ’80s and ’90s after being featured in Gianni Versace, Azzedine Alaïa and Dolce & Gabbana runway shows. In 1999, Tom Ford added Rossi to the Gucci Group (now known as Kering) roster after being impressed with his craftsman for years. That same year, he sold 70% of his business to Gucci Group, remaining chairman and director until selling the remaining 30% in 2005 when he was already retired. Rossi died at age 84 in 2020 due to COVID-19.

sergio rossi shoes, sergio rossi archives, sergio rossi designer, made in italy, italian designers
sergio rossi shoes, sergio rossi archives, sergio rossi designer, made in italy, italian designers

Sergio Rossi’s Most Iconic Shoes

View Gallery40 Images

About the shoes

Launch Gallery: Sergio Rossi's Most Iconic Shoes

Best of Footwear News

Sign up for FN's Newsletter. For the latest news, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.