It's sakura season!
It's sakura season!
“It’s almost as if we don’t exist, like we’re an anomaly.”
Old friends reunited through Guardian letters pages. Tory promises | Renaming cricket | Reuniting friends | Letters roadmap | Covid brain fog
Members in the United States can link their Marriott account with the rideshare and food delivery apps.
Does anyone do a bob better?
TrillerNet, the parent company Triller co-owned by Ryan Kavanaugh, is acquiring Fite TV, a combat sports-focused streaming service. The deal gives Triller a major foothold in the live-event PPV and streaming space, greatly expanding the reach of Triller’s AI-powered content and distribution ecosystem and allowing the company to continue to invest in new lifestyle and entertainment programming. Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but the acquisition follows Triller’s purchase of music-focused streaming platform Verzuz. It comes a few days before a Triller Fight Club where Jake Paul is scheduled to fight Ben Askren. (The event launched last year with the Mike Tyson-Roy Jones Jr. fight.) Also Read: Triller Backpedals, Denying That It Inflated App's User Count by Millions Fite TV launched in 2012 and has more than 10 million users and carries combat sports including AEW, IMPACT Wrestling, NWA Powerrr, Game Changer Wrestling and other various boxing and MMA matches. “Futehas been a fantastic partner, and the synergy between the two businesses and teams was clear from day one,” Bobby Sarnevesht, chairman and co-owner of Triller, and Ryan Kavanaugh, co-owner of Triller, said in a joint statement. “With our acquisition of Fite, we bring into TrillerNET their stellar technology, valuable customer and content partner base, and one of the most experienced executive teams in this space. The deal represents our ambitions to not only expand Triller Fight Club and grow Fite’s distribution relationships, but also to reimagine what, how and when premium music, sports and entertainment is delivered to today’s audiences.” “Triller has an exceptionally visionary executive team that is revolutionizing the world of sports and entertainment. We are very excited to be a part of and play a role in this process,” said Kosta Jordanov, Fite co-founder and CEO. “As part of the TrillerNet, Fite will become the exclusive global digital distributor of all Triller Fight Club events going forward, and this content relationship is planned to expand in exciting new ways. We will continue to work with and serve all our content partners, and we look forward to bringing Triller’s significant user base and promotional clout to all the major events we carry on the Fite platform.” Read original story Triller Parent Company Buys Combat-Sports Streaming Service Fite TV At TheWrap
Shop the look here.
Jake Paul is denying sexual assault allegations leveled against him by TikTok star Justine Paradise, and says he will be pursuing a defamation suit in response. On Friday, Paradise posted a video to her YouTube channel, spanning nearly 21 minutes, detailing an encounter she had with the YouTuber-turned-fighter more than a year ago. Paradise clarifies in her video that the experience happened “technically the Summer before COVID.” “I feel guilty, even though I was the one assaulted,” Paradise says in the beginning of the video, as to why she didn’t speak out right away. “I was too embarrassed, I was too feeling guilty, even though it’s not my fault.” Also Read: Jake Paul Denies Calling COVID 'a Hoax' -- So Reporter Produces the Receipts Paradise goes on to recount an incident that she claims happened in the bedroom of Paul’s home. According to Paradise, the two were ballroom dancing, and Paul eventually moved things to his bed. Paradise said when Paul put his hands in places on her she did not want, she moved them away, at which point she says Paul asked, “If nothing is going to happen, what’s the point?” She claimed that things escalated despite her telling Paul “no” and the YouTube star allegedly forced her to perform oral sex. “He didn’t ask for consent or anything,” Paradise alleged. “That’s not okay. On no level at all is that okay.” On Wednesday, Paul responded, vehemently denying Paradise’s claims. “Sexual assault accusations aren’t something that I, or anyone should ever take lightly, but to be crystal clear, this claim made against me is 100% false,” Paul posted in a statement on Twitter. Also Read: FBI Raid YouTube Star Jake Paul's California Mansion “Not only have I never had any sexual relationship with this individual, but this claim is solely a manufactured accusation and a blatant attempt for attention during a highly visible fight week. Make no mistake, I plan on pursuing this defamation of character case to the fullest extent of the law. There are irreparable damages from these types of accusations, and more importantly, false allegations of this nature diminish those who have truly been victims of misconduct.” Paul goes on to accuse Paradise of making the video to “promote her adult content website and Amazon shopping list — designed for people to buy her gifts” and claims she is speaking out now because Paul has a fight this week. “At the time of her story I was in a relationship, and as someone who was a momma’s boy growing up, I respect women and mothers more than anything,” Paul continued. “I most certainly have never laid a finger on a girl without their consent.” Read original story Jake Paul Denies Sexual Assault Accusations: ‘I Most Certainly Have Never Laid a Finger on a Girl Without Their Consent” At TheWrap
Taco Bell has recently announced plans for a restaurant redesign that will prioritize digital elements for their on-the-go customers. And one such futuristic location, which utilizes contactless features, has just been unveiled in New York City.The beloved fast-food chain is cutting the ribbon on its very first digital-only U.S. restaurant today, located in none other than the city's Times Square area, a prime location for brand peacocking and offbeat customer attractions. And naturally, this restaurant puts on full display the high-tech vision that Taco Bell has for its future.RELATED: 7 New Fast-Food Chicken Sandwiches Everyone's Talking About.The Times Square Cantina, located in the iconic Paramount Building, will only be fulfilling digital orders. Customers will have to place orders through their phone apps or at one of the ten self-order kiosks, and pick them up at the checkout counter or from one of the code-operated automated cubbies. This location will also sell Taco Bell merch, like keychains, pins, and pens, which can be ordered through the digitized kiosks.The chain's cantina concept has been around for several years and is a way for Taco Bell to entice its urban customers. These locations provide a more upscale experience by serving specialty alcoholic beverages and providing a view of the open kitchen reminiscent of high-end restaurants. From time to time, you'll also find exclusive menu items on offer.The new Times Square location follows the recent opening of the chain's first drive-thru cantina operated by a franchisee in Danville, Calif., which has seen great success with its outdoor socializing area. Both restaurants bring Taco Bell a step closer to reaching its ambitious goal of 10,000 global restaurants in the next decade.For more on Taco Bell, check out 5 Major Changes You'll See on Taco Bell's Menu, and don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
The retailer will add three directors to its board.
Other notable participants include Warren Buffett, Ariana Grande, Katy Perry, Kate Hudson and Dwyane Wade.
We're going to need a large coffee to unpack all these.
The actress presented at last night's award show.
Robert Fletcher, a prolific costume designer who worked on the original four “Star Trek” films and had a long career in theater, has died. He was 98. Fletcher died peacefully in Kansas City, Mo., on April 5. No cause of death was provided. Robert “Bob” Fletcher worked as a costume designer for over six decades, crafting the iconic look of the Klingons and the Vulcans in the original “Star Trek” movies, starting with “Star Trek: The Motion Picture” in 1979. His last feature film was “Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home” in 1986, and he’s credited with imagining the “monster maroon” Starfleet uniforms worn by William Shatner and company. Also Read: 'Star Trek' Film Set for 2023 Is Top Secret Project Produced by JJ Abrams Fletcher also had an extensive career in theater, working as a costume designer on the original Broadway productions of the musicals “How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying” and “Walking Happy.” He also worked alongside Orson Welles as an actor in a 1956 production of Shakespeare’s “King Lear” at New York City Center. Some of his other costume and set design work included for Lincoln Kirstein’s ballet and opera projects and as a producer on Noel Coward’s “High Spirits” and “Best Foot Forward” with a young Liza Minnelli. Fletcher was an Emmy nominee for costume design for “North and South, Book II” from 1986, and he was a three-time Tony nominee for his work on “Little Me” (1963), “High Spirits” (1964) and “Hadrian VII” (1969). Also Read: Christopher Plummer Appreciation: From King Lear to Klingon, Stage and Screen Legend Did It All In 1982, he received a Drama Desk Award nomination for Outstanding Costume Design for “Othello” starring James Earl Jones, Christopher Plummer and Dianne Wiest. He was nominated for three Saturn Awards and won the Saturn in 1987 for “Star Trek IV.” In 2005, Fletcher was awarded the Career Achievement Award from the Costume Designers Guild and in 2008, he received a Theatre Development Fund/Irene Sharaff Lifetime Achievement Award for his set design. Fletcher was married for 65 years to the late Jack Kauflin, who was an original member of the New York City Ballet, a singer and a Broadway dancer. Read original story Robert Fletcher, ‘Star Trek’ Film Costume Designer, Dies at 98 At TheWrap
Meghan's doctor advised her to not attend due to her pregnancy.
FN rounds up all the latest sneaker and shoe collaborations for fashion and lifestyle brands.
We consulted science to answer all your burning questions.
The GOAT is coming to TV.
"I have a lot of stories I’m eager to tell, including a continuation of my own, and I look forward to sharing those with the world."
The country will initially allow group tours in before eventually welcoming all individual tourists.
We knew red lace looked good, but we didn't know it could look *this* good.