Delicate and mildly sweet cookie sandwich with white chocolate and cream cheese filling! These rainbow treats are easy to make and would instantly become a festive holiday favourite. This Rainbow Sandwich Cookies recipe is shared by the innovative home cook Shartini who loves adding local flavours and creativity to her bakes.
A decadent white chocolate cream cheese filling sandwich between Rainbow butter cookies!
A cookie is great but having two cookies are even better! Here's our formula for a flawless cookie sandwich. Here's what you need. First, prepare the cookie batter. To get a good cookie batter all the time is easily accomplished by having Kenwood Chef XL Sense stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Cream the butter and add in powdered sugar, vanilla extract and flour till dough become soft and pliable.
Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough till it is ¼ inches thick.
Cut the dough using a 2 to 2 ½ inch round shape cookie cutter so that each cookie has 3 colours.
Next, divide the dough and add in colour. Put the colours the different colours together and flatten with a rolling pin. Cut the cookie with a round shape cookie cutter. Line it on a baking tray and place it 2 inches apart. Bake at 190 degrees Celcius for 9 minutes.
Prepare the white chocolate cream cheese ganache. In the Kenwood Chef XL Sense stand mixer, attach the K paddle. Beat the cream cheese, vanilla and chocolate with milk. With the Kenwood stand mixer, you can easily achieve the creamiest potential. Beat till a smooth texture and transfer to the chiller and let it rest for 5 minutes.
These rainbow treats are easy to make and would instantly become a festive holiday favourite.
Delicate and mildly sweet cookie sandwich with white chocolate and cream cheese filling!
Assemble the cookie sandwich. Spread filling on flat side of half of the cookies. Sandwich with remaining cookies and enjoy! Just try not to eat all of them in one sitting!
Have a recipe that you would love to share with us? Send it to us at http://www.sharefood.sg/submit-recipe/!
Grab the full recipe below now!
Rainbow Sandwich Cookies
Delicate and mildly sweet cookie sandwich with white chocolate and cream cheese filling! These rainbow treats are easy to make and would instantly become a festive holiday favourite. This Rainbow Sandwich Cookies recipe is shared by the innovative home cook Shartini.
Servings 16 pairs (approximately 2” size)
- 2¼cups all-purpose flour
- ½tsp salt
- 226g unsalted butterroom temperature
- 1cup powdered sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- food colouringpink, yellow, green
White chocolate filling
- 140g white chocolate conventure
- 115g cream cheese
- ¼cup milk
- ¼tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2” cookie cutter
- In a small bowl, sift in flour and salt. Set aside.
- In the Kenwood stand mixer fit the paddle attachment, cream the butter for 2-3 minutes on medium speed, or until soft and smooth. Add in powdered sugar and continue to beat until the sugar is fully absorbed. #Tips: Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed
- Add in vanilla extract. Beat till well mixed.
- Add in flour mixture in gradually in 3 portions and mix on low speed. Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl if needed. It’s ready when the dough is soft and pliable. Texture is similar to Play-Doh.
- Divide the dough into 3 portions. Add in the food colouring and mix the dough evenly.
- Pick out 1/3 cup of each colour of dough. Roll it into a rope about 5 inches long and 1 inch in diameter.
- On a clingwrap or baking sheet, place the ropes side by side. Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough till it’s ¼ inch thick.
- Cut the dough using a 2 to 2 ½ inch round shape cookie cutter so that each cookie has 3 colours.
- On a baking tray lined with baking paper, place the cookie with 2 inches apart.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Pre-heat the oven at 190oC for 15 mins.
- Bake the cookies for 7 to 9 mins till the edges are light golden brown.
- Cool for 1 min. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Microwave milk for 20 sec. Pour it over the white chocolate. Stir till the chocolate is fully melted. Let cool to room temperature.
- Attached the K paddle to the Kenwood stand mixer. Beat the cream cheese, and vanilla. Gradually add the cooled chocolate and beat on high speed until smooth for about 3 min. #Tips: Do not attempt to overbeat as the fats will separate from the cream. The texture will lumpy instead of smooth.
- Once it ready, transfer into the chiller and let it rest for 5 mins. It will harden slightly and it will not melt in room temperature easily.
- Spread filling on flat side of half of the cookies. Sandwich with remaining cookies and enjoy!
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to Share Food Singapore!