Made from layers of honey and spices, pistachio baklava is an indulgent dessert that’s hard to say no to. And with the right recipe, it can be easy to make. In this episode of ITK: Eats, we show you how to make this delicious Greek dessert at home. All you need is a few ingredients and an hour and a half. Here’s how to make your own pistachio baklava:
For pistachio baklava
4 cups pistachios
½ cup dried breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon cloves
Phyllo dough sheets
For honey syrup
3 cups granulated sugar
13 ½ ounces water
⅓ cup honey
1 cinnamon stick
1 lemon, cut in half
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. To make pistachio filling: Add pistachios, bread crumbs, cinnamon and cloves to a food processor and blend until crushed.
3. To form pistachio baklava: Lay two sheets of phyllo dough on a buttered baking pan and brush with butter. Layer another sheet and brush with butter until you have eight sheets.
4. Evenly spread ½ cup of the pistachio filling on the top sheet of phyllo dough. Cover with two more sheets of phyllo dough and butter. Repeat this step until the pistachio mixture is used up.
5. To complete pistachio baklava: Layer on two final sheets of phyllo dough and brush with butter. Layer another sheet and brush with butter until you have eight sheets. Cut into slices diagonally and bake for one hour.
6. To prepare honey syrup: Add all of the syrup ingredients into a saucepan and boil until the sugar dissolves.
7. When the pistachio baklava is baked, spoon the honey syrup evenly across the top and let cool. Serve with creme fraiche and chopped pistachios.
In The Know by Yahoo is now available on Apple News — follow us here!
More from In The Know: