An easy and healthy No-Bake Granola Bars with Manuka Honey recipe that you can prepare really quickly! And no oven is needed.
This recipe is created by home cook Jessie Koey whose son loves her homemade granola bars as they are perfect for a quick grab-and-go breakfast or snack. And as they are homemade, you can always customise them to your taste to add or subtract certain ingredients unlike the store-bought ones.
What’s more, one batch yields about 12 bars so there is more than enough to share for the whole family!
No-Bake Granola Bars with Manuka Honey
The key ingredient for this recipe that makes it healthy, sweet, and acts as the glue that holds the granola bar together is the Manuka Honey.
Hockhua’s Manukora Manuka Honey UMF 5+ is of premium quality unlike the regular honey and has more health benefits too! It is also thicker and sticker than regular honey, so if your granola bars keep falling apart, you might want to incorporate this Manuka honey in your recipe.
Here are some of the benefits the Manukora Manuka Honey UMF 5+ contains:
- Methylglyoxal, an active ingredient that is likely responsible for antibacterial effects of Manuka honey
- Antibacterial properties that help to reduce inflammation and pain of sore throat, which also may help in would healing
- May help in digestive problems by decreasing constipation and irregular bowel movements symptoms with regular consumption
Check out our Manuka Honey Lemon Cheesecake recipe for more ways to use Manuka honey!
Maukora Manuka Honey UMF 5+
Secret ingredient revealed, let’s start making our granola bars!
Here are the ingredients that you will need: rolled oats, desiccated coconut, rice krispies, roasted cashew nuts, dried cranberries, chocolate chips, brown sugar, unsalted butter, maple syrup, chunky peanut butter, vanilla essence, condensed milk, salt, and Manukora Manuka Honey UMF 5+.
Let’s begin with the first step of the recipe.
Step 1 – Prepare the honey mixture
The honey mixture forms the glue that holds the whole granola bar together and gives it flavour. Hence, the mixture has to be sweet, thick, and sticky in order to do its job well.
Add all the sauce ingredients into a saucepan placed over low heat.
Stir constantly with a spatula or a whisk until the peanut butter has melted and the ingredients are well combined.
Add all of the honey mixture ingredients to a frying pan
Stir until well combined
Then remove from the heat and let it cool for about three minutes.
Next, add the Manukora Manuka Honey UMF 5+ to the cooled sauce and mix well.
You’d want the sauce to only be slightly warm as heat will break down the Manuka honey and destroy its health effects!
Add the Maunka honey to the cooled mixture
Mix well until combined
Set the sauce aside and prepare the granola filling.
Step 2 – Pan fry the rolled oats and desiccated coconut
Before we assemble the granola bars, it is good to pan fry the rolled oats and desiccated coconuts to make the bars more fragrant!
Add the rolled oats to a frying pan over low heat and sauté it for five minutes.
Pan fry the rolled oats
Add the desiccated coconuts to the pan and sauté for another three minutes then remove from the heat.
Add the dessicated coconuts and fry for 3 minutes
Stir constantly to ensure that the coconuts do not get burnt, only toasted, then remove from the heat.
You can skip this step if you are in a hurry, but it honestly makes a difference.
Step 3 – Assemble the granola bars
Add the pan fried rolled oats and desiccated coconut into a large mixing bowl then add the sauce and rest of the ingredients.
Mix well with a spatula.
Add all of the ingredients into a large mixing bowl
Mix well with a spatula
Pour the granola mixture onto a square 6 by 6 inch baking tray lined with greased aluminium foil.
Spread and press the granola mixture down into the baking tray, ensuring that the surface is flat and even.
Add the mixture into a lined baking tray
Press down with a spatula
All that’s left is to place the baking tray into the freezer to set for 45 minutes or until it is firm!
Once the time is up, cut the granola into 12 bars.
Cut into 12 pieces or your desired size
You can enjoy your No-Bake Granola Bars with Manuka Honey right away!
To keep the granola bars fresh, wrap them in parchment paper and store them in the fridge for up to a week.
No-Bake Granola Bar with Manuka Honey
Get the recipe here!
No-Bake Granola Bars with Manuka Honey
Easy and chewy No-Bake Granola Bars with Manuka Honey recipe! With peanut butter, rolled oats, rice krispies, and chocolate chips.
Servings 12 bars
Prep Time 50 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
- 160ml Manukora Manuka Honey UMF +5
- 85g rolled oats
- 30g desiccated coconut
- 30g rice krispies
- 150g roasted mixed nutschopped walnuts, almonds and cahsews
- 50g mixed dried fruitsraisins and cranberries
- 100g Reese Peanut Butter Chips
- 2tbsp brown sugar
- 1tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/2tbsp maple syrup
- 3 1/2tbsp chunky peanut butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 1 1/2tbsp condense milk
- 1/2tsp salt
- In a saucepan, add in the honey mixture ingredients and cook over low heat using a whisk to stir till well combined. Let the sauce mixture cool for 3 minutes
- Add the Manuka Honey into the slightly cooled mixture and stir well to combine and set aside.
- Pan fry the rolled oats over low heat for 5 minutes then add and fry the desiccated coconut for another 3 minutes. Stir to well to combine and ensure that the coconut does not get burnt.
- Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the fried oats and coconut mixture, mixed nuts, rice krispies, dried fruits and honey mixture.
- Toss to mix and combine well with a spatula.
- Line a baking tray with aluminium foil and lightly grease it with some olive oil.
- Pour the granola mixture onto the tray and press the mixture down evenly with the back of a spatula.
- Place the tray in the freezer for 45 minutes to an hour or until the mixture is firm.
- Place the firm granola mixture on a board and cut into 12 pieces.
- Wrap bars individually with parchment paper or plastic wraps and store them in the fridge to keep fresh.