Twisted up-dos were the toast of the hair world during the Spring/Summer 13 shows.
From Gucci and Chanel to Valentino and Elie Saab, the intricately woven styles were rapturously received by beauty watchers.
More chic than a ponytail yet more casual than a chignon, this season’s twist is all about texture.
And don’t be put off if you’re less than handy with a hairbrush. A fashion-forward twist is actually easier to create than it might first appear.
All you need to succeed is some mousse, a hairbrush and a few hair bands.
We sat down with award-winning hairdresser Ken Picton to find out how to create the gorgeous twists that stormed the fashion week runways.
1. Start by filling your left palm with styling mousse. With your right hand use a wide toothed comb to work the mousse into your hair, starting at the roots all the way to the tips.
2. Blow-dry your hair and brush to smooth down your hair. Once all sides are smooth, use the brush to gather hair into a low neck, securing the ponytail at the nape of the ponytail with a band.
3. Separate the ponytail into two equal sections. Starting at the band, twist the sections around one another until you reach three to four inches from the tips.
4. Finally, twist the entire ponytail upward to meet your band, creating a twisted bun with a band over your first band.
5. Spray the hair with a light-hold hairspray to secure the look.
© Cover Media