Though Kim Jae Joong’s global fans weren′t able to actually attend the press conference for his upcoming drama, they managed to make a big splash anyway - via rice garlands.
On May 17, a press conference was held for Kim Jae Joong′s MBC drama Time Slip Dr. Jin, at Seoul’s Lotte Hotel
Before the press conference, the hallway was stacked with rows of rice garlands from fans all over the world. Rice garlands are given as congratulatory gifts in lieu of the traditional flower garlands, which are then donated to charity.
It was revealed a total of 23.68 tons of rice had been donated by fans from 31 different countries around the world. These included fans and fan clubs from Indonesia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Brazil, Russia, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, Malaysia, Turkey, Germany and more.
In addition, it was revealed this was the largest amount of rice garlands collected for a celebrity, more than doubling the previous record.
Photo credit: MBC
Reporter : Stewart Ho (firstname.lastname@example.org)
[Any copying, republication or redistribution of enewsWorld's content other than for personal uses is expressly prohibited without prior permission from enewsWorld. Copyright infringement is subject to criminal and civil penalties.]
- [Photo] The Leads of ′Time Slip Dr. Jin′ Greet Reporters
- U-KISS Members Come Under Fire For Allegedly Asking for Copies of Diablo 3 From Fans
- [Video] Go Behind the Scenes of Infinite’s Album Photo Shoot
- [Photo] JYJ′s Kim Jae Joong Snapped at ′Time Slip Dr. Jin′ Press Conference in Traditional Attire
- Kim Jae Joong Finds His Topknot for ‘Time Slip Dr. Jin’ Role Uncomfortable