Michelle Obama just added another feather to her cap– that of a cooking show host. The former US first lady tweeted that she is soon going to be seen on a kid-friendly Netflix cooking show called Waffles + Mochi.
The show, which comes out on March 16, is part of the production deal between the popular streaming service and the production company founded by Obama along with her husband, former US President, Barack Obama.
Not surprisingly, the announcement has parents across the globe excited for what the most famous former first lady has to offer.
Michelle Obama Launching Netflix Cooking Show For Kids
Michelle Obama is a mission to help kids across the globe with her Netflix cooking show. | Image source: Twitter / strongblacklead
The show will feature Michelle Obama cooking with adorable titular puppets. They will accompany her as they encourage kids around the world to eat healthier.
“I’m excited for families and children everywhere to join us on our adventures as we discover, cook, and eat delicious food from all over the world,” writes Obama in her tweet.
She also added, “I’m also excited to work with @PHAnews to help kids build healthy habits and help families in need cook with fresh ingredients together at home.”
The Netflix cooking show–scheduled to release on March 16, is touted to take kids on a journey around the globe with the characters. Mrs. Obama and the titular characters, Mochi and Waffles will together explore different foods and cultures.
And, of course, what’s a cooking show without learning how to cook? You can expect some delicious meals cooked with fresh ingredients that are sure to encourage your kids to eat healthy, too.
However, if you’re still struggling to get your kids to eat right, here are some handy tips.
5 Ways You Can Teach Your Kids To Eat Healthily
Take inspiration from the Netflix cooking show and prep healthy meals with kids at home. | Image source: iStock
As you know, healthy eating habits aid in physical and mental growth and development. But they are often difficult for kids to inculcate on their own. This is where your role as a parent comes into play.
You will need to ensure that your kid develops healthy eating habits so as to grow stronger and happier. To help your kids eat more healthily, here are five handy tips for parents:
1. Set a good example for your kids. As your child’s very first role model in life, they would be willing to adapt to healthier eating habits if they see you staying healthy as well. Eat healthy food in front of them and let them know how every meal counts.
2. Be careful not to ban certain food. Yes, you want them to eat healthily and avoid anything unhealthy. But banning certain food items will make them more curious to try them. Instead, let them eat such foods in moderation and make sure not to make them feel guilty about it.
3. Stock up on healthy food. If you want your kids to eat healthy food, then your kitchen should be filled mostly with nutritious snacks and meals. If your child rummages through the refrigerator, you can be assured that there is nothing unhealthy in it.
4. Teach them the importance of family meals. To ensure your child doesn’t skip meals, have regular meals with the entire family. Not only will you be able to encourage your child to eat healthily, but they also get to bond with the family over your meal.
5. Let your child learn to only eat when they are hungry. Let your child determine the amount of food that will make them full instead of forcing them to eat everything on their plate. Once they’re able to understand the concept of hunger and fullness, they won’t be inclined to eat too much or too little.
With reports from Cristina Morales.
Lead image source from Twitter / MichelleObama.