If you woke up with a better attitude than you’ve had since literally forever ago, you can thank Mercury! Mercury, the planet of communication, commerce, and travel, enters fixed air sign Aquarius on Thursday after a very long trek through earthy Capricorn. While Mercury was in Capricorn, it had to survive:
- all the drama from two eclipses
- running into expansive Jupiter
- getting crushed by restrictive Saturn and chaotic Pluto
But now, Mercury is finally free! The air signs—Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius—are enjoying Mercury’s vibes here the most, while fixed signs Taurus, Scorpio, and Leo can anticipate getting super busy during this transit.
So since Mercury = communication, and air signs (like Aquarius) = the most communicative signs, it makes sense that Mercury tends to have a good time when it’s transiting Aquarius. Aquarius is the zodiac’s humanitarian. People of an Aquarian nature are naturally charismatic, helpful, and social, so you’re feeling these same vibes while Mercury is speeding through Aquarius. You’re making new friends every day, you’re getting aaalllll the Tinder matches, and when it comes to work/your career, networking has never been easier!
It’s not all fun and games with Mercury in Aquarius though. First off, be mindful that yet another Mercury Retrograde is looming on the horizon. It’s still a little far off (it doesn’t start until February 16), but the important thing for you to know about this retch-rograde is that it will (partially) be in Aquarius. Mercury Retrograde starts in Pisces but will shuffle back into Aquarius on March 4, turns direct on March 9, then reenters Pisces (going the right direction again) on March 16. So mark your calendars, y’all.
There’s also a lot to be said about Mercury in Aquarius’s tendency to make you feel detached from your feelings. Aquarius isn’t the least emotional sign per se, but it’s way more brainy and intellectual than it is emotionally competent. Don’t let this make you insensitive or cold toward others. You can use this energy to detach from your feelings in a healthy way—it can help you eliminate preconceived notions or biases you have toward others and be more open-minded and openhearted toward people from all walks of life.
Overall, Mercury in Aquarius is a happy time. Its light and airy vibes are a major change from all the stern Capricorn energy coming from the cosmos, so enjoy it! I cannot emphasize how much it bears repeating: It’s been rough out there lately. 2019 was a bust, 2020 started off pretty rough, but Mercury in Aquarius (aside from its little retrograde in February) is giving you the breath of fresh air you need to proceed forward with the new year!
But first, read your Sun/Rising Sign horoscopes:
- Aries: More than anything else, Mercury in Aquarius is helping your social life out a ton. Expect to be the most popular person around, Aries—people can’t help but love being around you rn. You’re more charismatic than ever, and people can’t get enough of your spicy personality!
- Taurus: Mercury in Aquarius is helping you network like a MF at work, Taurus. Pay close attention to your email, because the job opportunity of a lifetime or a MAJOR piece of information re: your job might show up. Any big convos with your boss (maybe, hello, about getting a raise or a promotion) go well while Mercury is in Aquarius, as long as you have the talk before Mercury goes retrograde.
- Gemini: The “travel” side of Mercury is showing up for you right now, Gemini. The chance for a trip—an actual trip far away, not just a ride down to the beach—may show up, and the opportunity to take a class and travel ~mentally~ to expand your mind can appear too! You’re becoming a more big-brain, high-IQ type of person atm.
- Cancer: Mercury in Aquarius is helping you get in touch with your logical side. It’s also focusing on your closest relationships. You relate with others primarily on an emotional level, but now you’re communicating in a more intellectual way. Mercury is leading you to a substantial (and positive) transformation as you explore this side of yourself.
- Leo: Mercury in Aquarius is activating your chart’s relationships zone, Leo, so all of your one-on-one relationships (e.g., the ones with your bestie, your boo, and your coworkers) are being highlighted rn. Important conversations are happening with all these different connections, so try not to let your mega-stubborn ways turn what could be a productive time into one long argument.
- Virgo: Your work routine is your biggest focus now, as is your health. What’s your day-to-day schedule like? Do you have a healthy work/life balance? Are you eating well, staying fit, and keeping your place tidy? If not, Mercury in Aquarius can help you make an action plan to organize your whole life, Marie Kondo style!
- Libra: Mercury in Aquarius is in your chart’s zone of love, sex, and fun, so it goes without saying that this transit is a pretty exciting one (except for the Retrograde, but who cares about that)! Expect hella hookups, super-sexy snaps (hopefully, none of them are random dick pics you didn’t ask for), and lots of time for lovin’ up on your boo!
- Scorpio: Mercury in Aquarius is zeroing in your attention on life at home. You’re more introspective, and old memories of your tweenhood are a bigger focus right now. As much as this transit makes you want to be introverted and antisocial while you spend time binge-watching Netflix 24/7, this transit can be pretty productive. Talk to your family more, bond with your roommates, or invite your crew over to hang out, and you’ll find that you can learn tons about all these people and connect on a deeper level.
- Sagittarius: For the next few weeks, you’re pretty effing busy, NGL. Not busy in the way Capricorn season made you, but busy texting, FaceTiming, emailing, etc. e-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y. You’re having a great time talking (your fave thing to do) with everyone, making all these new connections, and driving all over town to hang out with your squad—just don’t overdo it, bb, or you’ll wear yourself out.
- Capricorn: You’ve been going through it, Cap. There’s been an overwhelming amount of astro action happening in your sign lately, and I bet you want nothing more than for life to just go back to normal. Well, I have good news: Mercury in Aquarius is helping you get back on track! Any long-term projects you dropped but want to pick back up are coming around so you can finish your job and settle into a steady routine again. P.S. News about a raise or an extra-fat paycheck might show up soon!
- Aquarius: All the weird brain fog from the past few weeks is finally beginning to lift away, thanks to Mercury in Aquarius! When the planet of communication is in your sign (like it is right now), it makes speaking your mind clearly and concisely a total breeze. Any important conversations with your boo, your family, or your boss can easily happen now. You’re also feeling really pleased with yourself about all the new connections coming your way now!
- Pisces: Mercury in Aquarius isn’t the best time for you, unfortch. It’s in your chart’s 12th house, aka the zone of isolation, your unconscious mind, and self-undoing. Expect more brain fog than usual, and watch out for speaking before you think. Your deepest memories are coming up now, you’re becoming more aware of your innermost self, and you might feel pretty self-conscious about it all. Use this time to meditate, reflect, and rest. There’s a Mercury Retrograde coming up in your sign—relax now so you can deal with the Retrograde drama later.
You Might Also Like