Liverpool have turned down a bid ‘in excess of £100million plus substantial add-ons’ from Al-Ittihad for Mo Salah, according to reports.
The Reds have already been the subject of a number of enquiries from Saudi Arabia with Jordan Henderson and Fabinho both moving to the Middle East.
Ibrahima Konate and Joe Gomez have also been linked to Al-Ittihad, but the most high-profile of them all is the Saudis’ interest in Liverpool forward Salah.
There have been multiple reports that Al-Ittihad would make an offer before the transfer deadline for Salah with former CBS Sports reporter Ben Jacobs revealing yesterday that the Saudi Pro League club were prepared to test Liverpool’s resolve.
Jacobs tweeted: “Liverpool’s not-for-sale stance on Mo Salah hasn’t changed. No formal offer has been placed yet either. But Saudi dealmakers do still plan to table a massive bid.
“Sources indicate a €150m initial package could even be improved to €200m to test Liverpool’s resolve. All irrelevant if #LFC stick to their position and no encouragement has been given to date to Al-Ittihad, but no doubt Al-Ittihad haven’t just walked away.
“Whether they get Salah or not now they want to make a splash. Salah said to be calm and focused despite all the headlines.”
And reliable journalist David Ornstein has indicated that Liverpool have now turned down a huge offer for Salah and that they’ve made it clear that the Egypt international is “not for sale” and the Reds “consider the case closed”.
Ornstein wrote for The Athletic: “Liverpool have rejected a verbal offer from the Saudi Pro League to sign Mohamed Salah.
“The proposal, worth in excess of £100million plus substantial add-ons, was given no consideration and turned down immediately. It was an approach made on behalf of Al Ittihad during an amicable call to Liverpool director Mike Gordon on Thursday night.
“The Anfield club, however, reiterated the 31-year-old is not for sale and consider the case closed. That view is not shared by the Saudis, though, who are expected to maintain a strong interest.”
But BBC Sport have claimed that the bid was for £150m with the website also reporting that the bid has been rejected.
When asked about interest in Salah earlier on Friday, Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp said: “The position remains the same absolutely. That’s how it is. Nothing else to say. No offer as far as I know.”
The article Liverpool reject £150m transfer bid for Salah as Reds send blunt message in Al-Ittihad ‘call’ appeared first on Football365.com.