Katy Perry's Neon Cut-Out Lewk Is *The* Naked Dress You've Been Waiting For

katy perry abs legs see through skirt cut out top instagram photos
Katy Perry Wins the Naked Dress Trend on IGStewart Cook - Getty Images

American Idol just wrapped up its 21st season, and big congrats are in order for contestant Iam Tongi. Naturally, Katy Perry made sure to bring it in the fashion department for the big occasion. And her outfit did not disappoint.

Katy just dropped a BTS photo on Instagram of herself her stunning orange finale dress that is simply ~everything~. The photo is simple: Katy is posing on set next to some props while working the dress for all it is worth. The dress featured cut-outs down the bodice that show off her super-toned abs, and a see-through mesh skirt that revealed her sculpted legs. And shoutout to the neon traffic cone that was busy holding the train of Katy’s dress in place for the full effect.

“Orange u glad it was a great #idolfinale? 🍊🧡,” she joked in the caption. Her husband, Orlando Bloom, dove right into the comments, sharing a peach emoji, followed by a fire emoji. “Serve after serve after serve. They just keep coming 👏👏,” someone else wrote.

If you're curious to know more about this star's workout habits (and toned core) you've come to the right place. First of all, you should know that Katy puts in the work, but she’s been clear in the past that she doesn't totally love working out. “My exercise routine is being half late to the workout because I hate working out," Katy previously told the Wall Street Journal. "I'm always like, 'I'm so late, too bad I can only do a few things.' The guy who works me out is like, ‘Yeah, right.'"

While Katy previously told Women's Health that she isn't a gym rat, she still makes sure to get it done. “It's not my favorite thing to do with the world—unless I'm dancing or I'm snowboarding or I'm doing something that's kind of masked," she said. But she’ll do social activities, like pickle ball and she aims to workout three to four times a week.

In the mix: Yoga and weight training. Katy is especially into hot yoga, and she previously told Prevention that the practice helps her mental health. “I have had a dance with depression, and hot yoga helps clear it all out,” she said. Katy also gave a shout-out to CorePower Yoga, which she said she likes because “you always know what you’re going to get.”

Also, can everyone please acknowledge the fact that Katy's onstage performances are *super* high-energy and require quite a bit of intense cardio? Case in point: Watch Katy literally sprint backstage in this IG clip:

Food-wise, Katy told Prevention that she tries to eat well, and to follow the 80/20 rule (where you eat healthy 80 percent of the time and whatever for the other 20 percent). She's not always perfect, though. “Let’s be honest,” she said. “It’s 60/40.”

She recently shared that her daughter, Daisy Dove, also shares her love of chocolate in a sweet Mother’s Day note. “If anyone ever needed proof that Daisy is my daughter they can always reference the card she told her teachers to write me at school for #mothersday 😂♥️,” she wrote in the caption.

Congrats on an amazing Idol season, Katy!

You Might Also Like