The Force is strong with this one.
Disney’s Star Wars Land is already shaping up to be one of the most highly-anticipated theme park expansions in history… and with walking, talking droids and impressive rides planned, we already want to be there.
But now, it looks as though you can stay on an ‘actual’ starship.
That’s right – it’s getting a starship hotel.
According to Walt Disney World News Today, the ambitious theme park expansion is gearing up to include a starship hotel… at least, that’s what’s suggested by Disney’s new guest surveys.
“The survey is not being conducted by Disney,” they explain, “but rather by a contracted third party. The survey includes concept art and many details of what the experience would be like…”
And they’ve already got some of those details, as well as some cool concept art.
A two-night, completely immersive experience would include:
- 2 nights in an immersive luxury starship resort that looks and feels like a Star Wars spacecraft.
- Rooms that accommodate up to 4 people with an interactive view of either the ‘galaxy’ or pool/atrium.
- All meal included… although it’s currently unknown whether these meals will be in-universe. Blue milk, anyone? (There’s even an on-board cantina for those who prefer a bit of scum and villainy…)
- 1 day of Walt Disney World theme park admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios to visit Star Wars-themed land on day 2.
- Story-driven, immersive entertainment that unfolds over the course of your stay. This includes live character encounters, flight training, starship exploration, and lightsaber training, as well as personalised secret missions which take place throughout the ship and the surrounding Star Wars land itself.
Basically, it’s everything a Star Wars fan has ever dreamed of doing.
The catch? It’s likely going to cost a staggering $900 – $1000 per person… and it may not even happen. After all, just because Disney is surveying its guests about the hotel, doesn’t mean it’s actually going to get built.
“This is definitely not official from Disney, but it has been rumored it is going to connect guests in the Epcot and Epcot resort areas with Caribbean Beach Resort,” said WDW host, Lou Mongello. “I think the handwriting is on the wall. The timing is appropriate, with a lot of the construction.”
Still, it sounds like an amazing concept.
“Not only are the rooms themed to Star Wars, but the entire resort is as if you were inside a giant spaceship – lightsaber training and as much Star Wars as you would like.”
‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ will star Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Adam Driver, Mark Hamill, and Carrie Fisher.
Rian Johnson both wrote and directed the movie.
‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ heads to cinemas on 15 December 2017.