Want to prepare something nutritious, healthy & delicious in a jiffy but have no idea what to do? Here’s how you can whip up a delicious meal full of hearty protein, fresh greens, and healthy grains in under 30 minutes!
Sharing with you a recipe provided by one of our very own ShareFood content producer, Elle Gwee!
Cauliflower rice has been all the hype these days and today we learn to make our own cauliflower rice from scratch!
Season chicken thigh pieces with cajun seasoning
First, let’s get cracking on the chicken first. Season the chicken thigh pieces with Cajun seasoning.
Heat up the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add in the seasoned Cajun chicken pieces onto the skillet and cook for five minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. A tip here is to constantly flip the chicken to ensure that it does not get burnt.
Brown the chicken pieces
Cook the chicken thigh for five minutes, flip and continue to cook for another three minutes, until it is slightly charred. Remove from skillet and set the browned cooked chicken pieces aside until it is ready to be served with the cauliflower rice.
Making cauliflower rice is not as difficult as it looks! Follow these steps to make delicious and nutritious grains that are low in calorie and high in fibre.
Cauliflower blitzed into rice sized pieces
Working in batches, place the cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse until broken down into rice-sized pieces. Remember not to let the food processor just run on its own as it will cause the cauliflower bits to turn into mush.
Blitz it by pulsing the blender - on and off.
Pan-fry cauliflower rice with garlic & onions
To cook the cauliflower rice, heat the vegetable oil in a pan, add garlic and red onion and fry for two minutes until fragrance emits. It’s now time to add in the cauliflower bits.
Add chicken and start assembly of rice bowl
Fry for about five minutes until the rice turns translucent. Set the cauliflower rice aside in a bowl as we start to assemble the ingredients.
Final assembly of cauliflower rice bowl
Add in cooked chicken pieces, red bell pepper slices, avocados and mango pieces.
Pair this rice bowl with a delicious dressing that is not only healthy, but only requires a few simple ingredients!
Healthy & delicious homemade yogurt dressing
Here's how to make the dressing - In a bowl, combine plain yogurt, lime juice, lime zest, honey, white wine vinegar, pepper salt, fresh cilantro and, mix thoroughly to form a smooth dressing.
Perfect dressing to the rice bowl
Pour desired amount of dressing onto rice bowl and serve.
Cajun Chicken Cauliflower Rice Bowl with Mangoes & Avocado
- 350g boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 300g cauliflowersliced in florets
- 1tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4cup garlicabout 3 cloves
- 1/4cup red onion
- 1 avocadopeeled, sliced
- 1 red bell pepperseeded, thinly sliced
- 1 mangopeeled, chopped
- 1/4cup plain yogurt
- 2tbsp lime juice
- 1/2tsp lime zest
- 1tsp honey
- 1tsp white wine vinegar and extra-virgin olive oilmixed together
- 1tsp pepper
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp chopped fresh cilantro
- green onionssliced
- fresh cilantrochopped
- Season chicken thighs with cajun seasoning.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken thighs for 5 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through.
- Cook for 3 more minutes to brown the surface of the chicken.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside for 5 minutes before serving.
- Working in batches, place cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse until broken down into rice-sized pieces. #Tip: Do not let the food processor just run because you will end up with mush.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan.
- Add garlic and red onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in cauliflower rice and cook for 5 minutes.
- Set aside cauliflower rice into bowl and prepare to serve.
- In a mixing bowl, combine yogurt, lime juice, lime zest, honey, white wine vinegar, pepper, salt, fresh cilantro, mix until well-combined.
- Place cauliflower rice in bowl.
- Top with sliced chicken, red bell pepper slices, avocado slices and chopped mango.
- Drizzle the prepared dressing over the chicken, fruits and vegetables.
- Garnish with sliced green onions.
The post Cajun Chicken Cauliflower Rice Bowl with Mangoes & Avocado appeared first on Share Food Singapore.