We are all familiar with rich and decadent Western desserts, like cake and ice cream. How about a change of flavour for a bowl of warm and comforting Chinese dessert? Chinese desserts like home cook Jasmine Ong’s recipe for Black Sesame Paste satisfies both your sweet tooth and your body’s nutritional needs! Warm, creamy, and sweet, this Black Sesame Paste or Black Sesame Soup 黑芝麻糊 hits all the right notes and it is the perfect healthy dessert recipe for after a meal or during tea breaks too.
Black Sesame Paste
Made with Good Lady’s 100% Organic Black Sesame Powder, this dessert contains:
- Antioxidants - build a stronger immune system
- Calcium and zinc - strengthen the bones and increase density
- Magnesium - regulate blood pressure
- Phytosterols - reduce “bad” cholesterol
100% Organic black sesame powder
All you need for this easy dessert recipe are just a few ingredients: Good Lady’s 100% Organic Black Sesame Powder, water, rice flour, rock sugar, and sliced almonds.
For the first step, dry fry the black sesame powder in a frying pan to release the fragrance. Once done, transfer the powder into a bowl and set aside.
Dry fry the black sesame powder in a frying pan
Secondly, prepare the rice flour mixture by mixing water and rice flour together in a bowl until well combined. Set the bowl aside.
Add water to the rice flour
Mix the rice flour mixture well
The third step is to prepare the sugar syrup for the Black Sesame Paste.
Add the water and rock sugar into a saucepan and bring it up to a boil. Stir until the sugar has completely dissolved.
Stir until the rock sugar has dissolved into the water
For the final step, cook the black sesame paste or soup by combining all the ingredients.
Into the same saucepan with the sugar syrup, add the rice flour mixture and mix well on low heat.
Add the rice flour mixture to the sugar syrup
When the mixture is slightly thickened, add the toasted organic black sesame powder to the mixture. Stir until well combined and the paste is boiling slightly.
Add the black sesame powder
Combine the ingredients and cook until boiling slightly
Once the paste is ready, scoop into a bowl and garnish it with sliced almonds. Your dessert is ready!
The black sesame paste is ready!
Get the recipe here!
Black Sesame Paste 黑芝麻糊
Servings 6 people
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
- 210g black sesame powder
- 3cups water
- 90g rice flour
- 4cups water
- 100g raw rock sugar
- Sliced almonds
- Dry fry the black sesame powder in a pan till fragrant.
- Mix the water and rice flour till well combined.
- Boil the water and sugar till the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Stir the flour mixture into the sugar syrup. Simmer and stir till slightly thickened.
- Add in the black sesame powder. Stir till well combined and mixture slightly boils.
- Add in more rock sugar as needed. Stir till sugar is completely dissolved.
- Garnish with sliced almonds and serve hot.