K-pop megastar Seungri has cancelled upcoming concerts as police investigate allegations that he used drugs and bribed investors by procuring prostitutes for them.
The singer of BigBang had been slated to perform in Osaka on 9 and 10 March, and in Jakarta on 17 March. All his other scheduled activities have been cancelled as well, said his management agency, YG Entertainment, in a statement released on Thursday (28 February).
SBS funE recently reported, based on leaked text messages from Seungri, that the singer allegedly asked an employee to find escort services for potential investors for his businesses. He is known to be involved in various enterprises, the most notable of which is the Burning Sun nightclub in Seoul.
Other allegations that have been made against Seungri in the past month include the use of date rape drugs at Burning Sun.
Earlier on Thursday, police interviewed the 28-year-old celebrity for more than eight hours and tested him for drugs, the result of which was negative.
Seungri, whose real name is Lee Seung-hyun, said that he would cooperate with all police investigations against him.
According to his legal representative, a second drug test using a hair follicle was sent to the National Institute of Scientific Investigation, and results will be known in one or two weeks’ time.
YG Entertainment said it denies all allegations and will undertake legal action pertaining to the issue.