It’s the start of a brand new year and also the perfect time for a round-up of home trends and ideas from 2018. Here are the most popular homes that you were swooning over!
Our Top Facebook Favourites
1. Light wood hues, a dining bench, a platform and half-hacked kitchen wall? No wonder this was a crowd favourite! This Japanese, ryokan-inspired interior, with its serene atmosphere, checks all the right boxes when it comes to style and function.
Interior Firm: Weiken.com
2. A great way to visually segment an open concept space without being too intrusive, platforms are a stylish addition to your home. In the kitchen, an island counter that doubles as a dining area helps to save space while creating a more open interior.
Interior Firm: Posh Living
3. Decked from head-to-toe in a luxurious palette of cream, taupe, white, and gold, this home’s stylish outlook is truly #goals.. Go further in and you’ll also discover a generous walk-in wardrobe that is every fashionista’s dream.
Interior Firm: Anhans Interior Deisgn
Our Top Instagram Posts
1. This bedroom’s dark, moody theme, accentuated with the right ambient lighting, sets a warm and cosy atmosphere that we could all use a bit of. Packed with storage solutions such as a platform and built-in floor-to-ceiling wardrobe, it’s no wonder this room’s smart design is liked by many.
Interior Firm: Posh Home
2. Oozing masculine charm, dark designs are becoming more popular than ever! To get a similar look, opt for stone tiles and black fittings.
Interior Firm: Mr Shopper Studio
3. This kitchen owes its striking look to the use of matte-black laminates that perfectly contrast with natural wood tones. Those dark, stone-look tiles are also a perfect match with the kitchen’s lightwood carpentry.
Interior Firm: Bowerman
Our Most-Saved Home Images
1. The monochrome theme is a timeless classic. This resale HDB flat’s clean aesthetic is a perfect example of stylish, black-and-white decor. Don’t forget to include a dash of indoor greenery to liven up that mono palette.
Interior Firm: Third Avenue Studio
2. Flushed with natural light and free of clutter, this apartment’s inviting Scandinavian-inspired look is a breath of fresh air. Marrying light wood hues and pristine white surfaces, this house is a perfect retreat after a long day at work.
Interior Firm: Lemonfridge
3. Sliding partitions keep open-concept home layouts flexible, and are perfect for when you need a bit of privacy! Taking the place of a feature wall is a (pocket-friendly) graphics display that adds a pop of colour to the surroundings.
Interior Firm: Style Living Interior
Our Top Bookmarked Reads
1. How to Fit a Walk-in Wardrobe (in Your Tiny HDB)
Interior Firm: U & Me Interior
No matter how small your HDB flat is - there is always room to spice things up.
2. 10 Homes That Show Why 4-Room HDBs Aren’t Boring at All
Interior Firm: Charlotte’s Carpentry
3. Say What? 10 Amazing Renovations That Cost $30,000 or Less
Interior Firm: Carpenters 匠
Our Top Interior Trends for 20181. Go Dark
The key to pulling off a dark themed home? Make sure to go for reflective surfaces that allow light to bounce off and brighten up the surroundings.
Interior Firm: Habit
2. Coastal Vibes
Thanks to its clean white-washed interior and eclectic mix of wood furnishings get ready for the holidays feels all year round. Lastly, don’t forget to add a natural touch with some potted greens!
Interior Firm: Third Avenue Studio
Japanese-inspired spaces are a hit with Singaporean homeowners. With its minimalist appeal and fuss-free aesthetic, the ever-popular MUJI style easily dominated homes in 2018.
Interior Firm: D5 Studio
Create a space you love
Embarking on a renovation journey? Request for a quote here, and we can match you up with 5 interior firms - based on your budget and style - to get quotes.
About Qanvast: Create a space you love today with Singapore’s first mobile platform. Qanvast (pronounced as ‘canvas’) connects homeowners to trusted home professionals. Browse for reviews, renovation prices and portfolios from interior designer firms in Singapore at your fingertips!