Each week, Yahoo Lifestyle Singapore profiles a blogger based in Singapore. Get to know their beauty secrets and find out how you can improve your daily skincare and make-up regime. This week, we feature Amelyn Beverly, who runs the blog beverlyville.
1. How did you start blogging?
I started blogging about daily life when I was 14, now I’m a full-time travel and lifestyle blogger.
2. Can you describe what a typical day is like for you?
If I’m not having meetings or shooting content for my blog or Instagram, I really enjoy being at home reading.
3. What’s your morning beauty regime?
Simple! Cleanse, tone, and moisturise followed by light make-up.
4. What’s your night-time beauty regime?
Pretty much the reverse of my morning routine! Removing my make-up, cleanse, tone and moisturise! Face masks if I feel like it.
5. What are your current favourite beauty products? Why?
I really like Laneige as it works best for my skin. My favorites are the Water Sleeping Mask and the Fresh Calming facial cleanser.
6. What is the most common beauty mistake you’ve heard or seen Singaporeans making? How would you wish to correct it?
I’m not much of a beauty guru, but I heard that people stay away from moisturisers because of their oily skin. In actual fact, moisturisers help reduce sebum production.
7. Is there a beauty secret that you swear by?
Tea tree oil works like magic on pimples.
8. How big is your beauty collection now?
My make-up collection comprises mostly of lip products! I have about 40 different lip products, from lipsticks to lip masks.
Beauty tips by bellywellyjelly’s Christabel Chua
Even simple beauty routines work, says blogger Carrie Sim
Buy skincare products that actually suit your skin, says blogger Venecia Lim
Don’t skip moisturising despite our humid climate: Beauty blogger Faith Tan
Follow Yahoo Lifestyle Singapore on Facebook.