Tasty and delicious bread roll filled with meat, prawns and vegetables! Here's a unique twist to an iconically Australian snack. We added some Vietnamese flavours and swapped out some ingredients to make it a nutritious snack that you can enjoy any time of the day. This Aussie Chiko Bread Roll recipe is shared by home cook Jasmine Ong.
Tasty and delicious bread roll filled with meat, prawns and vegetables!
Feel free to indulge in one more and still maintain that gorgeous waistline. For this recipe, we're using Sunshine Australian Oat Soft Grain wholemeal bread for the crust. We chose this bread as it is baked with premium Australian Oats. Interestingly, Australia is one of the top producers for safe food-grade oats and has an excellent taste and aroma.
For this recipe, we're using Sunshine Australian Oat Soft Grain wholemeal bread for the crust.
Sunshine Australian Oats Soft Grain wholemeal bread is high in dietary fibre.
Because not all food is created equal, we always share more with readers on the healthier choices available in the market. Sunshine Australian Oats Soft Grain wholemeal bread is high in dietary fibre to keep our digestive system healthy and makes us feel fuller longer. It is also healthier and is low in fat. Contains Vitamin B1, B2 and B3, to help release energy from the food we consume and keeps our nervous system healthy.
This bread roll offers not only convenience but ultimate deliciousness in a concept of a spring roll. It borrows the concept of filling it with tasty ingredients, rolled up and fried. Fret not, this roll is still healthy as we used the option of using an air fryer. Let us show you how we put together this Aussie-Vietnamese fusion bread roll.
Place all ingredients and seasoning into a large bowl and mix well.
First, we place the meat, prawns and vegetables into a large bowl. Sprinkle pepper, seasoning and mix well. Set aside and next, we prepare the bread crust. Trim off the sides and use a rolling pin to flatten bread. Put a generous spoon of filling and place it in the centre of the bread. Brush the sides with cornstarch solution and pinch tightly to seal the sides. Roll in egg wash and coat with breadcrumbs. Place in the air fryer and fry for mins. We highly recommend to serve it right away!
Meat, prawns and vegetables rolled in a delicious crunchy bread crust! It's so good it's hard to stop at one!
That's all you require to make this delicious Aussie Chiko Bread Roll! It's that simple and when you master this, you can easily customize the ingredients in the bread roll. If you love this recipe, here's another great inspiration - Baked Cheesy Portobello Mushroom Sandwich.
Have a recipe that you would love to share with us? Send it to us at http://www.sharefood.sg/submit-recipe/!
Grab the full recipe below now!
Aussie Chiko Bread Roll
Tasty and delicious bread roll filled with meat, prawns and vegetables! Here's a unique twist to an iconically Australian snack. This Aussie Chiko Bread Roll recipe is shared by home cook Jasmine Ong.
Servings 8 rolls
Prep Time 25 mins
Cook Time 10 mins
Passive Time 35 mins
- 8slices Sunshine Australian Oat Soft Grain Bread
- 1 Eggbeaten
- 1pkt breadcrumbspound till fine texture
- cornstarch solution1 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 2 tbsp water
- 150g Chickencut into small cubes
- 70g prawnscut into small cubes
- ¼ carrotcut into small stripes
- 25g tang hoonsoaked till soft & cut into short stripes
- 1clove Garlicminced
- 1 shallotminced
- ½ onioncut into cubes
- 3cmstalk celerycut into cubes
- Dashes of pepper
- 2tbsp fish sauceadd more as desired
- 1small chilli padiminced
- 4sprigs Coriander leavescut into small pieces
- Mix all filling ingredients and seasoning in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Trim off the sides of the bread
- Use a rolling pin and flatten the bread.
- Place a spoonful of the filling into the centre of the bread.
- Brush all 4 sides with cornstarch solution.
- Roll the bread tightly together to form a cylinder. Pinch the sides tightly to seal and flatten the two ends of the bread roll.
- Roll the bread roll in egg wash and coat with bread crumbs.
- Place the bread roll in the air fryer. Fry it at 160 degrees for 10 mins. Serve warm.
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to Share Food Singapore!