Think out of the box; your home is more than a square! These seven interior designs show us that the key to creating a show-stopping home, is going beyond the norm, and getting creative with your space planning!
1. Opting for an eclectic style - think quirky flourishes and unexpected combinations - this home’s delightful design and layout is a refreshing change.
Interior Designer: Hall Interiors
Location: Toa Payoh Lorong 3
Cost of Renovation: $100,000
2. Transforming the layout of their home, one bedroom has been turned into a study cum display area with a small enclosed work station, while the other? A walk-in wardrobe with a vanity.
Interior Designer: 82
Location: Toa Payoh Crest
Cost of Renovation: $70,000
3. Using sliding doors in place of walls, this home’s clever layout provides privacy, even with an open-concept layout. A practical move well played.
Interior Designer: Form & Space
Location: Ang Mo Kio Avenue 1 (Block 331)
Cost of Renovation: S$ 45,000
4. The use of more subdued hues, together with a spacious, open design, creates a timeless appeal and cosy atmosphere throughout the home.
Interior Designer: ELPIS Interior Design
Location: Jalan Tenteram (Block 117B)
Cost of Renovation: S$ 70,000
5. The absence of walls and doors creates a fluidity between the living, dining and kitchen area, allowing you to move from one space to another as though it is one big area, amplifying the whole idea of open-concept living in this intriguing layout.
Interior Designer: Ciseern
Location: Florence Regency
Cost of Renovation: $80,000
6. With the challenge of a narrow, linear layout and triangular kitchen, the interior designers worked around it to maximise space and functionality, creating a long, vast openness. (Plus, we’re loving the dramatic full length bow window!)
Interior Designer: Schemacraft
Location: Parc Oasis
7. Doesn’t this feel like a luxurious penthouse in the Hamptons? Walls between the living areas have also been hacked for that cohesive and expansive feel, and let light in, brightening up the darker interior.
Interior Designer: Jubilee Interior
Location: Bedok Reservoir Road
Cost of Renovation: S$ 100,000
Give Your Home A Brand New Look
Whatever your personality or style, the right interior designer can bring your favourite home ideas to life. Request for a quote here, and get matched with 5 interior designers, based on your budget and style.
Want more local home ideas? Download the Qanvast app here. Save your favourite images, discover new home products or simply read up on handy renovation tips to aid you on your renovation journey.
About Qanvast: Create a space you love today with Singapore’s first mobile platform. Qanvast (pronounced as ‘canvas’) connects homeowners to trusted home professionals. Browse for reviews, renovation prices and portfolios from interior designer firms in Singapore at your fingertips!