There’s a lot to be learned from the red carpet by way of celebrity hairstyles. Namely, what exactly it is you *could* be doing with your hair. Because these ‘dos are no mere ponytails or flat-ironed tresses—they’re imaginative, playful and totally awe-inspiring.
Now, not all of these celebrity hairstyles are tame or, rather, office appropriate. Which is exactly why you need to give these celebrity hairstyles a try in your 20s. Or, well, anytime, honestly. To hell with what’s “age appropriate”! But with that said, your 20s are typically the perfect time to experiment with your tresses and really figure out what it is you like and don’t like. And in the process, play around with some pretty brazen styles. Your 20s can be a time of transition, uncertainty, and all-around crazy shenanigans—so why shouldn’t your hair get to have some of the fun along the way?
As for which hairstyles you should give a go, we have some thoughts. Like, never in our lifetimes did we think a version of Princess Leia’s double buns would come back into style. But low and behold, Kendall Jenner delivered them back into the high-fashion midst. Then, there’re dreamy princess hair extensions to play with a la Nicki Minaj and her Rapunzel hair. And if you haven’t seen Amber Heard’s messy mohawk bun, then let us tell you: you’re in for a treat!
Whether Tswift’s shaggy bangs are more your style, or you’re just happy rocking a Selena Gomez-inspired faux bob, these are the styles you’ve *got* to try before the big 3-0.
1. Zendaya’s Luscious Full Ponytail
Behold: a ponytail truly worthy of whipping your hair back and forth.
2. Kendall Jenner’s Double Buns
Princess Leia buns are a hair *must.*
3. Zoe Kravitz’s Ultra-Long Braids
Braids for days!
4. Blake Lively’s Grecian Updo with Double Headbands
You haven’t lived until you’ve given your tresses the Greek goddess treatment à la Serena van der Woodsen.
5. Solange Knowles’ Ahhh-Mazing Voluminous Curls
Young, free, and au naturale! There’s nothing like a head full of fresh, full-bodied natural curls.
6. Selena Gomez’s Retro Faux Bob
A 20’s style for your 20s? It’s a perfect fit.
7. Tracee Ellis Ross’s Elegant Corn Rows Updo
Queen Traccee is here to teach all you 20-somethings a thing about statement-making braids.
8. Priyanka Chopra’s Bow Bun
This Minnie-Mouse inspired style just the updo for when you’re in a girly-girl mood.
9. Cara Delevigne’s Single Side Deep Braid
This punk-inspired ‘do is designed for the glamorous rebel without a cause.
10. Fan Bingbing’s Voluminous Bouffant Bun
All elegance! This classic movie star ‘do is one to save for a statement-making moment.
11. Lauren Conrad’s Goddess-like Beach Waves
Ahhh—a hairstyle as fresh as a breath of fresh air.
12. Rihanna’s Bantu Knots
Meowoza! This is a punk-perfect style designed with a 20-something in mind.
13. Amber Heard’s Braided Mohawk Updo
This edgy-meets-elegant ‘do packs in all the va-va-voom your heart could desire.
14. Joan Smalls’ Twisted Updo
A twisted top knot is basically the definition of sophisticated sass.
15. Beyonce’s Waist-long braid
You just *can’t* call yourself a 20-something until you’ve channeled a glorious Queen Bey hairstyle, and this may be one of her fiercest.
16. Nina Dobrev’s Ultra-Sleek Straight Hair
The sleekest style of them all, it’s so versatile that perfect it’s for everything from nights out to job interviews.
17. Lupita Nyong’o’s Beautiful Multi-Braided Bun
Warning: Staring at this mesmerizing style for any length of time may cause *serious* hair envy.
18. Taylor Swift’s Shaggy Bangs
This shaggy hairstyle is one you won’t want to shake off.
19. Emma Stone’s Deep-Part Side-Braid
There’s nothing like a little Emma Stone side braid to peak our beauty interests.
20. Nathalie Emmanuel’s Full-Bodied Natural Curls
Oh la la! The Game of Thrones star knows a thing or two about scene-stealing styles, and the easy and ethereal nature of this one makes it a must-try.
21. Jennifer Lawrence’s French Braided Updo
The detail in this style is so unbelievable intricate and refined, it may be more a work of art that a killer ‘do.
22. Nick Minja’s Rapunzel Extensions
Warning: this hairstyle may elicit ~major~ confidence.
23. Bella Throne’s Bombshell Beach Blowout
A classic bombshell blowout is a style everyone should try at least once.
24. Chloë Grace Moretz’s Textured Waves with Barrettes
This classic 90’s style deserves a little modern revival in your 20s.
25. Eva Mendes’ Bumped-Up Volume
Bump it up! This is downright fiesty, and it’s one of our fave celebrity hairstyles.
26. Kim Kardashian Wests’s Wet Platinum Hair
Is there a better time to try waist-long, frosty platinum locks? Nope!